Match Thread

limpid

I hate when players are asked to play injured, if they aren't 100% and its clearly making them play worse surely it must be better to just rest them a fews. Its even worse when the backup player is just as good. CC and Collins would be a top pairing in the Premier league, its a Kmac is tactically inept.

I think Cuellar has been behind the 8-ball being injured during pre-season so it's probably more a case of not trusting his match-fitness. I reckon he'll play against Blackburn instead.

I am hopeing this match will be Ireland's chance to announce himself and although it's KM in charge don't forget Houllier will be in the stands. i suspect the players will be busting their arses to show him what they are about.

Villa by a cricket score.

We only defeated Coyle 1-0 at the Reebok and we drew at Burnley, his first visit to VP as manager i believe.

Was Coyle not managing Burnley when we beat them 5-1/ 5-2 ?

I think that's what the previous poster meant..

Well we should be

a) bouyed with the new manager starting work monday and players wanting to show what they can do.

B) Smarting after the defeat and manner of it, at Stoke

They should be

a) Depleted with jaskalainen and Cahill out

B) In a transition faze , trying to play more football and not just lump it up to Davies.

So, gotta be only one result - loss !!!

Only kidding, I am expecting a comfortable win, maybe 3-0 - very very distraguht if we don't beat a depleted Bolton at home !

Well we should be

a) bouyed with the new manager starting work monday and players wanting to show what they can do.

B) Smarting after the defeat and manner of it, at Stoke

They should be

a) Depleted with jaskalainen and Cahill out

B) In a transition faze , trying to play more football and not just lump it up to Davies.

So, gotta be only one result - loss !!!

Only kidding, I am expecting a comfortable win, maybe 3-0 - very very distraguht if we don't beat a depleted Bolton at home !

Although not beating Bolton at home will be very disappointing, it's hardly depleted squad having two players out!

I think Kevin Davies is a doubt with concussion (but will no doubt play!) and understand Tamir Cohen won't feature as it's the Jewish day of Yom Kippur.

BBC reports Samuel, Sean Davis, Gardner and O'Brien also out or doubtful....

Sounds pretty depleted to me!!!