Ratings & Reactions

ender4

We were lucky the Collins hand ball was missed by the retard ref as well. So I guess that penalty and Pennant's dive cancel out.

He also missed a handball on a Stoke player and what about when Walters tripped Petrov? How that was not a penalty or even a yellow card i dont know......

Again can see no reason why reo and heskey are anywhere near the first team (apart from we have no one else)

Everyone who watched it would have put ireland on for marc towards the end.

I've had a few people say this to me and I've dismissed it instantly because I think he's great....but friedel is slowly coming to the end of his game. Brilliant saves against everton and tonight...but he's agility is slowly going.

totally gutted. Why does it hurt so much when you can see it coming before the second half kicks off.

Smash & grab again. Thuggite football at the Britannia. So glad I didn't bother!!...

We simply have to kill teams off........

Hope the headmaster has taken note.

KM should have used his subs with 10 mins to go - not Heskey but Cuellar etc & broken the play up some more.

We played well today. Defended the high ball brilliantly till the last 10 mins. I'm downing's biggest critic but he played well today. Petrov excellent ability on ball, NRC grew into the game with his energy. Young did cause them problems but dont like him as a 2nd striker. Everyone worked hard, really **** gutted.

Coker a 5 ? what the ......

unfortunatly certain players didnt seem to come out in the second half with the same fight and desire as they had in the first . Hardly saw Gabby and Albrighton in that second half , Gabby should of been taken off at about 70 min with Ireland coming on to add to the midfield . The Person that questioned why we seem to go all long ball in the second half was spot on , it was bloody annoying when we got the ball down and played Stoke couldnt get near us , thats how we scored our goal very annoying , how ever i do take positives out of the performance Downing seem to grow in confidence and actually took players on .

I'm really not surprised AT ALL that teams find it difficult to beat Stoke at the Britannia.

The grass is almost round their knees making it virtually impossibly to play a fast free flowing game of football hence why we were never able to play the ball around the final 3rd.

Stoke have packed their team full of big players and play tough which means they give a lot of fouls outside the box which obvioulsy are easy for them to defend as they have a team full of such big players. When going up field they boot it up in the air and just play ball after ball in to the box. The same with every set piece.

It just isn't football.

I thought we played really well for large parts of that match, but the minute we ran out of steam you could sense the goals coming. The fact Kevin Macdonald couldn't feel them coming and a need to freshen up is a good enough reason alone why he didn't get the job. Inexperience.

If I was within five feet of Jermaine Pennant right now..

It doesn't matter about the ''team'', MacDonald shouldn't be anywhere near them after those tactics at the end... utter, utter disgrace. Petrov you should know **** better as well.

It was a dive, but like you say, Petrov was a complete dickhead to do that, asking for trouble. Too many needless free kicks, throw ins, corners given away, brainless at times. We don't have a leader on the pitch to put a stop to this sort of bollocks that costs games.

We played well for 20 minutes, but the rest of our play was poor. The 1st half saw too mnay players going for killer or fancy passes that were never going to come off, the first time we tried to keep possession calmly, we scored. I'm not sure what Young was doing for most of the game, especially 1st half, he seemed to be trying the impossible or just too hard. You can't give the ball away cheaply like that in this division.

Too many aimless balls 2nd half. Downing gets a lot of stick for going missing in games, but what's he supposed when the rest of the team can't keep the **** thing.

Thought Gabby and Downing had good games, can't understand why Gabby was taken off, unless he's feeling his injury.

Ireland should've come on for Albrighton, with Young pushed out to the left, would've added some much needed quality and given Albrighton a rest.

Not surprised at the scoreline, even after being 1-0 with 10 minutes or whatever left, we didn't do too badly defending set pieces and throws, but you can only do that for so long without conceding.

Friedel - 7

Young - 7

Dunne - 5

Collins - 6

Warnock - 4

Albrighton - 5

Petrov - 5

NRC - 6

Downing - 7

Young - 5

Gabby - 8

At least we've got a manager now.

I really hate when that happens. Nothing gets me annoyed like villa squandering a lead and enevitaely they do too many times a season. It's a massive confidence blow for those lads but ultimately the only have heskey to blame :D
If anything they'll come back stronger. If I was a player I'd have the confidence sucked out of me being outplayed by Stoke - but they weren't outplayed. They were robbed of what would've been a fair draw by poor refereeing. That'd piss me off big time.

I've had a few people say this to me and I've dismissed it instantly because I think he's great....but friedel is slowly coming to the end of his game. Brilliant saves against everton and tonight...but he's agility is slowly going.

Like the savs he made against Everton or Fuller towards the end. Friedel could do nothing about either of the goals. They were defensive errors.

**** Ref was out of his depth.

NRC didn't give Lyoung any help on the overlapping runs on a few occasions.

L.Young n Warnock want to play hoof ball most the time.

Heskey? wtf!!

KM showed his inexperience, even then when Pulis made a sub surely he should have clocked on then. Bringing on a pacey winger and a good finisher plus one other as a replacement for a tired player. Then he brings on Heskey....

If this game has any positives it's that we clearly have the quality in the team to beat teams like Stoke, we just need a manager who isn't tactically inept and knows what to do when things go wrong. Will Houllier be different? (asking a genuine quesiton here)

Agree. To be honest I am absolutly gutted, that is a result that we totally did not deserve, now I am not saying we deserved to win it, but to lose like that is gauling! Stoke are such a bunch of dirty mo-fos, with the trip in the box of petrov in the first half a clear example, but to be fair it was so nice to watch us actuially play some quality football at times, we totally out classed them in footballing terms and with a manager with a bit more experience of that kind of pressure and able to make changes, I think we will smash 'em at VP!

UTV

Â