Ratings & Reactions

ender4

Ok I need to be positive as this hurts a lot.

We only dropped 1 point at the end there not two.

We played very well until we got tired and with no substitutes made there was no renewed energy.

It still think we played well enough to win that match. Chip up lads, better we lost this and beat Everton than drew both games.

Pretty much my take on it. Young's miss cost us dear in the end

Played well for 80 minutes.

How incredibly naive of MacDonald. He leaves Albrighton on for the 90, when he is clearly knackered and changes Gabby for Heskey when we really, really needed to reinforce the midfield after about 70 minutes and see out the result.

Should have been Ireland on for Albrighton, Young to left mid, 5 in midfield, and hit them on the break. We left the game too open and paid the price.

Lack of experience showed there. KMac did his best, but I'm glad he wasn't appointed now, he showed clearly why he wasn't right tonight.

If this game has any positives it's that we clearly have the quality in the team to beat teams like Stoke, we just need a manager who isn't tactically inept and knows what to do when things go wrong. Will Houllier be different? (asking a genuine quesiton here)

Oh, and SHA bias aside Stoke easily have the worst fans in the league.

Played well there. That diving little **** Pennant needs a smack. Plus they moved the free 10 yards further than the actual challenge.

We definetly did not deserve to lose it anyway which makes me feel alot better. i really hope Stoke get relegated. They don't have the quality to be a Premierleague team. A real team of Hoofers if ever I saw one.

When we were at our best in the game we slowed it down, kept possession and showed some patience and craft - we were brilliant for twenty minutes of the first half doing that and if we'd put away one of the chances we made then it would have been a very different game.

In the second half we started okay but couldn't quite find the rhythm, we started to quicken up to Stoke's pace and then as we started to feel the pressure we got longer and longer, trying to put balls over the top too early and giving away possession.

With twenty minutes left Albrighton, Petrov and Reo Coker all tired and we conceded when Petrov deserted a runner and Reo Coker didn't have the energy to pick him up. At that point if we'd brought on Ireland for Albrighton we might have come back into it, but we just lacked a bit of energy in the middle of the park and that invited them onto us.

It was our lack of support off the bench that lost us the game, we didn't have enough options on it and we didn't use the ones we had. Kevin McDonald will have to take responsibility for that.

Pennants dive was a shocker, he's always been a shit and it's no surprise to see he hasn't changed while he was away in Spain.

I'm angry about that defeat, it was unnecessary.

NRC did fade after about 70 mins. Not the first time i've noticed him lose concentration as the match wares on. I put the blame for their first firmly at his door. I can excuse tiredness or even just honest hands up mistakes but laziness i cannot stand. :x

That is something the new manager really needs to address when he turns up. Surely fitness and concentration levels should never be an issue for 'professional' footballers.

Warnock looked very shakey as well at times.

We should have put the match away in the first half. It should have been 2-0 at halftime. Seeing Young take his sweet time to take that last corner in injury time at the end of the 1st half made me wanna poke my eyeballs out.

Collins was solid. Dunne was a bit slow. I'm 90% sure he's nursing a significant injury........

Shocked by the ending to the game. Kev Mac really does need to learn how to make subs. Hopefully Houllier can get in early for Bolton. On the other hand, after hearing about the death of Pulis' mom today and his determination to make the second half, it is fitting for him that his team won in such a way.

questionable free kick

To call it 'questionable' I can only imagine that you were the ref. Surely everyone else just thinks it was a hideous hideous dive.

Good first half, poor second. If only Ash could head the ball. Ridiculous that we didn't bring any subs on to try and address the problems we were clearly facing. Cuellar would have helped for one. He's from the MON school of subs it seems.

Get Houllier in ASAP.

At times we played well tonight and with some tinkering could be a good team for 90 mins! Ref cost us bigtime there how can that be a freekick but then i guess it was a Penalty first half so it evens out. I said it at the time 50p head Ashley Young has cost us 3 points with that miss and so it proved! Anyway onto Saturday and hopefully we can play well for 90 mins for a change!

Oh and as i normally slate him i am gonna eat my words and give Downing some credit tonight played well but i dunno if it was him or NRC who also played well that failed to track the runner for the 1st Stoke goal.

Up the Villa

We played well but can't for the life of me understand why we put Heskey on. I know Gabby was done in and fair play to him he played well, but heskey in 10 minutes did 1 thing which was get in the way in our box and make a feable attempt at a clearance. Heskey should never be allowed to pull on a Villa shirt ever again. He is worse than useless.

Will Houllier be having an input for the Bolton game? Can't he just give K Mac orders through a headset?

Then again, I'm pretty confident K Mac will be able to beat Bolton. They should be easy at home at K Mac is great at beating shit teams at home.

Â