The Pope's visit to Britain

paddy

Is the Pope's visit to Britain a good thing?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Pope's visit to Britain a good thing?

• Yes and I AM a Catholic
    • Yes and I'm NOT a Catholic
    • No and I AM a Catholic
    • No and I am NOT a Caholic

Leader of possibly THE WORST cult in the world, in terms of impact on humanity. Evil evil religion

LOL. As bad as the Catholic Churchs track record is (and it is), plenty of other Christian sects have as bloody and discriminatory a record as the RCC.

Anyway, seeing as ye Brit Taxpayers seemingly have no problem on spending 10s of millions every year to subsidise the head of the Anglican Church, whats 12m to ye to throw a party for the head of the UKs 2nd largest religion?.

Who said we didn't have a problem with it? I certainly do.

Leader of possibly THE WORST cult in the world, in terms of impact on humanity. Evil evil religion

LOL. As bad as the Catholic Churchs track record is (and it is), plenty of other Christian sects have as bloody and discriminatory a record as the RCC.

Anyway, seeing as ye Brit Taxpayers seemingly have no problem on spending 10s of millions every year to subsidise the head of the Anglican Church, whats 12m to ye to throw a party for the head of the UKs 2nd largest religion?.

Moi aussi

Moi aussi

And me

security guards?

big gold hat?

£25 a ticket?

official website has a merchandising page?

what would Jesus say?

He would say "it's pretty nailed on really bad person"

Do I agree with the Pope's visit? No.

Do I want to see tax payers money pay for it? No

But then I'm sure there are people who think the same about the Olympics in London or our World Cup bid.

That is just how it is. Nothing you can do about it especially as we can't burn Catholics any more.

That is just how it is. Nothing you can do about it especially as we can't burn Catholics any more.

Bollocks are you sure they repealed that law? Not even on a wet Monday Night after 8pm? What am I going to do for fun tonight then?

Spose I'll have to go to the pub and watch some football :mrgreen:

Bollocks are you sure they repealed that law? Not even on a wet Monday Night after 8pm? What am I going to do for fun tonight then?

Don't worry, when the North Sea gas runs out they will bring it back as a cheap and semi renewable source of energy. I've heard you can heat a small house for 3 hours from one catholic.

Don't worry, when the North Sea gas runs out they will bring it back as a cheap and semi renewable source of energy. I've heard you can heat a small house for 3 hours from one catholic.

Do you need a catholitic converter

I'm a catholic and hate the present Pope. He is very rigid in his beliefs. What the Catholic Church needs is a progressive Pope who is going to move with the times and get the young people back into the chapels. Our present Pope is not that man.

I stopped being a practicing Catholic many years ago when our priests decided to advertise at the entrance of our chapel who wasn't paying into the collection. There was a lot of families at that time unable to afford to pay anything into the collection, but still found their names in the open book for everyone to see. Of course we were told at the time that it was a sin against God not to contribute to our church. I made a vow to myself at that time when i turned 18 that i would no longer attend church and i was true to my word.

I don't believe it is the right time economically, or otherwise for the Pope to visit. When we have a Pope who is prepared to take our religion out of the dark ages, then that will be the right time. We need an ambassador for our church, not someone who might in private, have a photo of Hitler and pray to him.

not sure about that, but with paisley, the pope and the queen farting about the same place at once, i'm hoping for a freak explosion to take them all out.

Stick Heskey in there and I'd gladly strap the dynamite to myself and walk in there.

What the Catholic Church needs is a progressive Pope who is going to move with the times and get the young people back into the chapels.

Poor. Choice. Of. Words.

I stopped being a practicing Catholic many years ago when our priests decided to advertise at the entrance of our chapel who wasn't paying into the collection. There was a lot of families at that time unable to afford to pay anything into the collection, but still found their names in the open book for everyone to see. Of course we were told at the time that it was a sin against God not to contribute to our church. I made a vow to myself at that time when i turned 18 that i would no longer attend church and i was true to my word.

The catholic church interested in taking peoples money? Never!

I always wondered why the clergy dress the way they do and then I found out that actually it all goes back to Ancient Babylon and the Philistines worshipping the fish god Dagon....

z142075353.jpg

OT As for the visit....I think there is so much volatility currently with the Mosque storm, I wouldn't be shocked to see a terrorist attack or something, whilst he's in the UK.

Â