Lads Holiday Suggestions

bcarpet

Berlin was a strange place IMO, walking down unter den linden on the night expecting it to be like la ramblas and it just wasnt it was like a ghost town, no doubt theres something going on somewhere but all me and the missus found were a couple of local's local down backstreets and a fair few of a sports bar chain

I found EVERYWHERE in Berlin is 'off the beaten track'. If you're staying at a hostel or something speak with people about good underground places. My favourite place was somewhere called 'Golden Gate'. It's so underground they dont even advertise their adress and rely on word of mouth. And getting in is very hard (had to talk our way in, say reccomended by friends etc - they were even knocking back absolute babes. This place is absolutely anti-pretentious)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Going to Tallinn over easter as one of my mates in the RAF is off on holiday to Afghanistan soon. Flights and accom are booked but has anyone been and do you have any recommendations?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

SE Asia is the ultimate lads destination for me. Had cracking nights out all over there (Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta, Saigon, Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and other places)

• 2 weeks later...
We do a lads holiday every feb, we've done Praque, Hamburg and Tallinn, had a great times in all 3. Looking at either Berlin, or Budapest next. Tallinn was brilliant as we managed to hire out an appartment that slept 12 and had a big lounge, kitchen and even a sauna.

Just got back from Tallinn and we stayed in very similar apartments also, about 5mins walk from Old Town.

Great laugh and the women there are amazing!

• 10 months later...

Krakow or Riga for a stag do over easter please? Krakow we would fly from EMA and Riga from Stanstead i think. Similar price for both in terms of flights.

Which will be cheaper when we get there? The exchange rate from GBP to LVL concerns me.

Apartments i think we can get for similar prices but where will the banter be best?

Cheers.

Krakow over Riga anyday

But Trumpet man will drive you insane after a while in Krakow so pack your ear plugs :-)

Some of the clubs in Krakow can be full of locals who don't seem to like Brits ( maybe any foreigners ??) so box clever a little bit .. We didn't have any trouble but in a few places a local would come looking for a fight knowing he had 20 mates standing behind him ...they won't attack you but will sort of Bump you a lot on a dance floor looking for a reaction ... Fu&ktards were doing Nazi salutes to us at one point ... Shameful really when you think what is sitting 40 minutes out of town ...

Riga was just a tad dull though to be fair it was 14 years ago I went and it may have changed

Krakow was my preference after doing a bit of research also. Sadly the choice wasn't really up to me as the stag and his brother chose Riga!

Im sure it will be a laugh though, Tallinn was awesome at the same time last year and if its half as good as that then we will have a great time.

Any idea on cost of food and beer over there? The exchange rate doesn't seem good to me but i keep getting told its cheap...

Â