Lads Holiday Suggestions

bcarpet

Thailand is the ultimate "Lads" holiday destination, i absolutely love it over there.. can't fail to have a wicked time. A bunch of us are heading over for christmas and new years, it going to be carnage.

I'm not sure what the weather will be like in June though, peak season is generally between December - March when the weather is mainly dry and not too hot.

Golfing trip is it?

Thailand is the ultimate "Lads" holiday destination, i absolutely love it over there.. can't fail to have a wicked time. A bunch of us are heading over for christmas and new years, it going to be carnage.

I'm not sure what the weather will be like in June though, peak season is generally between December - March when the weather is mainly dry and not too hot.

Golfing trip is it?

Thought it was a ping pong tournament? :D

Russia has very hot summers and extremely cold winters. I've been in December and June. June was about 35 degrees. Still wouldn't recommend it.

I agree. I've been a couple of times and althought it is my favourite destination - its not for groups of lads.

The police would have a field day with you.

Budapest is fantastic, was there in May. Beers (really good Czech beers) for £1-£1.50 really cool bars. Lots of them have been set up in the run down areas of the former Jewish quarter. Enterprising Hungarians find abandoned buildings and take them over to convert them into bars.

Berlin is a good one as well, the night life is crazy. Bars and clubs that only open at 4am.

I'm going to Krakow next month, sounds like anothe good option.

Budapest is fantastic, was there in May. Beers (really good Czech beers) for £1-£1.50 really cool bars. Lots of them have been set up in the run down areas of the former Jewish quarter. Enterprising Hungarians find abandoned buildings and take them over to convert them into bars.

Berlin is a good one as well, the night life is crazy. Bars and clubs that only open at 4am.

Maybe i'm getting old but that seems ridiculous.

Maybe i'm getting old but that seems ridiculous.

Yes I am not really someone who has that kind of stamina either but I admire the spirit :)

It is funny when you see these places spilling out at 9 or 10 am whilst other people are heading off to work or out with their families.

Rio! flights about £600 but the food n booze are cheapish and the women are gorgeous!

This was def a place on our list! We were sure how much it all cost out there though. I assume its fairly safe out in Rio?

Not the safest place in the world. Couple of the guys got mugged but it was due to them walking down dodgy side streets at 3 am. But even that didnt put a dampner on their trip....

Can't believe no-one has mentioned Hamburg. It's set up to be a lads' holiday destination.

true that

I went there for the uefa cup final and didn't go a bundle on it. True we got to stay in the pub until 9am but they weren't great pubs and some of the women working the bars were older than my nan

Def in the avoid like the plague list for me

• 1 month later...

Berlin was a strange place IMO, walking down unter den linden on the night expecting it to be like la ramblas and it just wasnt it was like a ghost town, no doubt theres something going on somewhere but all me and the missus found were a couple of local's local down backstreets and a fair few of a sports bar chain

We do a lads holiday every feb, we've done Praque, Hamburg and Tallinn, had a great times in all 3. Looking at either Berlin, or Budapest next. Tallinn was brilliant as we managed to hire out an appartment that slept 12 and had a big lounge, kitchen and even a sauna.

Oh and somehow missed Barcelona off that list.

• 2 months later...

Berlin is the ultimate for mine.

Hands down the best city I have visited for nightlife. It is so laid back (stay on the East side - Krysburg or something we stayed and it was boss!)

People are liberal. Girls have so much natural beauty (dont expect them to be pretentious, or wear dressed to clubs. They dress how they want, and that might be trainers and jeans!) So cheap for alcohol (and other party substances). I think i spent 600 Euro in 6 nights (and we weren't really skimping on anything). We partied so much only time we didn't even see the Wall till our train passed it on way to airport! Nightclubs open on Thursday at 10am, and shut on Monday lunchtime!!

Everynight of the week there is somewhere to go, some DJ act playing or what not. However, you have the disadvantage of being English which doesnt help in Germany. Girls wanted nothing to do with us when they thought we were (as they put it) 'arrogant English bastards' but when they found out we were Aussies they were very friendly!

Give Berlin a shout!

Â