Lads Holiday Suggestions

bcarpet

Right so me and a couple of mates are thinking of going on a lads holiday around mid June next year (flexible on the date!) and we were trying to decide on where to go.

We aren't overly bothered about going to one of the 'typical' lad’s holiday places as a couple of us have been to shagaluf before. That said we wouldn't rule the typical places out.

We were also thinking we'd quite like to go some where different like Russia. Not sure how hot it would be though but it does have nice women...

Another thought was Thailand as we could get cheap accommodation out there, beer is dead cheap and the women are fairly easy (as long as you make sure its a woman!)

Right realise I'm rambling so can i have your suggestions please for places to go? Main criteria;

1) Cheapish booze

2) Sun ideally

3) Nice women, the easier the better

Some thing to consider too, we don't mind paying a bit more for flights if everything else out there is cheap such as Thailand.

One of my regrets is that I never 'found' Vegas before settling down.

It won't be that cheap but you'll still be talking about it when your old.

It should be made compulsory that all blokes do Vegas before meeting their wives!

why before?

hooker central or something?

yeah thats my one concern about russia that it'll be freezing but its still some thing to consider I think as it would just be really different.

I'm worried about Bulgeria, I've been once before, had one night out in sofia and then spent the rest of the week on the loo! I lost over a stone and saved a few quid by not going out every night but its kind of put me off the country (daft i know!)

Tenerife might not be a bad shout though. certainly some where to think about.

Bromsgrove as much as i'd love it to be vegas and I really would as its some where I want to visit before I settle down buts not some where we could afford this time round.

Russia ..fantastic but chances are one of your group will get killed .. this % increases 100 fold if you go to the Hungry duck :-)

Latvia - Ok but a tad dull but i went a few years ago .. was mainly full of Irish pubs , if i wanted that i'd go to Dublin

Estonia - Superb but expensive

Barcelona - Worse lads place I've been to yet .. Rambles is a hole , Port Olympia is better but boy is it expensive

Budapest - June is too early for Balaton but Budapest will fit your bill , has the added attraction of the Spa baths which will be rammed with women in G-Strings by day .. not as cheap as it used to be due to the poor exchange rate and the fact that the increase in lads weekends has pushed the prices up , avoid strip bars as you will invariably end up at the end of a gun taking a visit to the cash machine

Krakow - probably my vote winner , been twice now , plenty of bars and a few decent clubs ... some of the locals are a bit Neanderthal and might start Nazi saluting you and try and pick a fight once they find out you are British ( with Auschwitz being 30 mins away and what was done to Poles there it's kinda hard to fathom that one) but it was only in one bar so I wouldn't let it put you off the place

Belgrade - I've not been but heard good things about it .. they build a man made beach on the river bank and turn it into a party zone ..June may be a bit early though .. also not sure if you can get cheap flights ?

Russia ..fantastic but chances are one of your group will get killed .. this % increases 100 fold if you go to the Hungry duck :-)

Ok i think every one has pretty much put me off Russia now!

Latvia - Ok but a tad dull but i went a few years ago .. was mainly full of Irish pubs , if i wanted that i'd go to Dublin

Budapest - June is too early for Balaton but Budapest will fit your bill , has the added attraction of the Spa baths which will be rammed with women in G-Strings by day .. not as cheap as it used to be due to the poor exchange rate and the fact that the increase in lads weekends has pushed the prices up , avoid strip bars as you will invariably end up at the end of a gun taking a visit to the cash machine

Another good one to consider then! only one of our group would be mad keen on going to a strip club so that issue isn't a concern for us I don't think.

Krakow - probably my vote winner , been twice now , plenty of bars and a few decent clubs ... some of the locals are a bit Neanderthal and might start Nazi saluting you and try and pick a fight once they find out you are British ( with Auschwitz being 30 mins away and what was done to Poles there it's kinda hard to fathom that one) but it was only in one bar so I wouldn't let it put you off the place

Gotta admit had't really thought about Poland. How cheap is it now a days? Must be going up in price by now? Another to consider!

Belgrade - I've not been but heard good things about it .. they build a man made beach on the river bank and turn it into a party zone ..June may be a bit early though .. also not sure if you can get cheap flights ?

Good shout, one i'll have to do a bit of research on though first.

Great suggestions so far, certianly giving me a lot to think about.

i know its a fairly obvious one but ibiza, got back from there last week been there a couple of times now as well as magaluf, cancun, couple of greek islands and nowhere comes close

not as expensive as people say either, cost us £200 for flights and accomodation and spent about £900-£1k in a week so not the end of the world

Â