Sixteen, clumsy and shy

I went to London and I

I booked myself in at the Y....W.C.A

I said: "I like it here - can I stay?

I like it here - caan I stay?

And, do you have a vacancy

For a Back-scrubber?"

Fact that makes me feel old:

It's 25 years since the Smiths were at their peak.

25 years back from that and Jailhouse Rock was at No.1...

It's 25 years since the Smiths were at their peak.

25 years back from that and Jailhouse Rock was at No.1...

Well, there's The Decline Of Western Civilisation in a nutshell.

And I don't even like Elvis.

What are you trying to say, Marr wasn't a half-decent guitarist, or that he's better than I suggest?

If it's the latter then you're flat wrong I'm afraid. Good but not great.

How Soon is Now?

Good but not great my arse.

And comparing him to Noel Gallagher? Christ, you like being controversial just for the sake of it don't you? I like Oasis too for what it's worth.

What are you trying to say, Marr wasn't a half-decent guitarist, or that he's better than I suggest?

If it's the latter then you're flat wrong I'm afraid. Good but not great.

The Smiths, The The (a band he was in far longer than the Smiths timewise), Electronic, Modest Mouse, The Cribs, Talking Heads, The Pretenders, Billy Bragg, Black Grape, Pet Shop Boys, Beck, Kirsty McColl, Brian Ferry, Oasis, Pearl Jam, Crowded House, M People, Tom Jones, John Frusciante and Girls Aloud.

Just some of the bands and artists that Johhny Marr has either been an official member of or a guest musician on albums

You don't get to play with that many people, in that many diverse styles by being just half decent

Johnny was awesome with the Cribs at Reading.

I absolutely adore The Smiths, I go through phases where I listen fanatically whilst in others I just listen to them when they come on.

The best bands are the ones that, although you like them at first, you keep coming back to them. The Smiths are one.

My favourite track is probably Please Please Please...

However, the cover at the end of This Is England of that is shocking!

Johnny was awesome with the Cribs at Reading.

I absolutely adore The Smiths, I go through phases where I listen fanatically whilst in others I just listen to them when they come on.

The best bands are the ones that, although you like them at first, you keep coming back to them. The Smiths are one.

My favourite track is probably Please Please Please...

However, the cover at the end of This Is England of that is shocking!

Yeah! I watched that film yesterday, great film, but that version of please, please, please at the end is absolutely awful. I've heard a Muse cover of the same song and that was a much better version, though the original is still the best!

Â