• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor (for Carew 68)

The club is in turmoil, 4th after 3 matches with no permanent manager, what are we going to do and who are we going to blame?

Seriously though, a top performance today, not because we played well, but because we showed 100% commitment and really got stuck in, sometimes you have to win ugly and today we did. We rode our luck a lot in the second half and lacked composure on the ball, but we had a few good chances to get a second on the break and were quite unlucky in that regard. Watching today was almost as though MoN had never left.

Friedel - 9 - for those that say he's past it watch today's game again, he made several 'game saving' saves today.

Young - 8 - Great goal but went missing a few times in the first half, second half he was much more solid though and had to be.

Colins - 8 - What we needed today, big and strong in the box and in the air.

Dunne - 7 - Same as Colins really, solid as.

Warnock - 7 - A much improved performance today.

Petrov - 8 - Great performance from him, really got stuck in and led by example. Looked really pumped up for this, though i think he lost some of his usual composure in the second half.

Reo Coker - 8 - Was excellent today, again really got stuck in and made some nice movements off the ball.

Young - 7 - Great pass for the goal and put a lot of effort in without too much to show for it.

Albrighton - 7 - Defensively lax in the first half but better in the second, some lovely runs as usual. Should have scored that sitter though.

Downing - 5 - Who? Seemed really poor again today offered nothing defensively and not a lot going forward apart from misplaced passes.

Carew - 7 - Led the line well but was feeding on scraps for the most part, some lovely powerful surging runs into the box however.

Gabby - 5 - Never really got into the game.

MacDonald - 7 - Get the back 4 right and we will win games. Would have liked to have seen Downing dropped for this game and Reo Coker taking his place. Personally i would have put another defender on near the end as well. Also I wouldn't have started with Carew. But hey we got the result and that's what ultimately matters.

Ref: 6 - Could have easily cost us the game but at least he didn't make any disasterous mistakes.

Okay

Friedel 10

Young 10

Dunne 10

Collins 10

Warnock 9

Reo-Coker 9

Petrov 7.5

Downing 7.5

Albrighton - 7.5

Young - 8.5

Carew - 6.

That's honestly, that defending was world class.

Petrov gets the same rating as Downing?

just curious as to what you think he did as good as Petrov?

Friedel my MOTM. That reaction save was just something else. Amazing.

Ashley Young did not stop running for 90 minutes. I didn't think it was possible to keep running for that long.

The boys showed some testicular fortitude today and after the week we've had I couldn't be prouder. Yes, we rose our luck at times, but we could also have won this 2-0 or 3-0, so I don't think we were as shit as some people are saying. Clearly work to be done, but let's hope it's a corner turned and the boys head into the break with some confidence and a desire to show some people wrong and hopefully with a new manager to impress.

I thought Luke Young set the tone early and his goal was magnificent, but Ginger Collins for me was the big red brick wall that Everton could not penetrate. And whoever marked Cahill out of the game deserves a medal also.

Ashley Young looked superb for most of the match and worked incredibly hard while Carew looked to be finding a bit of desire and confidence in the second.

Very happy with the win, but I am not sure if I am going to get to sleep for some time as my heart is still beating out of my chest.

UTV.

I was going to say Collins but Friedel just edged it with a match winning save. A big improvement though but the new man needs to sort a few things out. Out of interest, Ireland's injury was probably a blessing!!

I thought Petrov worked his socks off with NRC in the middle today...in front of the back four.

Luke Young, James Collinss absolutely oustanding defending.

Ashley Young, Albrighton worked their socks off.

Backs to wall today but great result, we needed that!

Okay

Friedel 10

Young 10

Dunne 10

Collins 10

Warnock 9

Reo-Coker 9

Petrov 7.5

Downing 7.5

Albrighton - 7.5

Young - 8.5

Carew - 6.

That's honestly, that defending was world class.

Petrov gets the same rating as Downing?

just curious as to what you think he did as good as Petrov?

To be honest, I can't remember much good either did although I seem to remember Downing later on in the game really chasing down opponents and showing good defensive work although pretty wasteful with possesion surprisingly. In fact, Downing should be down half a mark and possibly Petrov although he was very steady. I'm just happy so everyone gets extra marks.

Although defenders geniunally deserve a 10. That was more than solid. Solid is doing everything asked of them, they went beyond that in my opinion, they made headers, blocks, clearances when it didn't look possible. Friedel 2 world class saves, some great handling and great punch.

Attendance today 34,725.

Club "crisis" needs solving quick to get back even the fans we have lost this season.

whats our average attendance btw?

Last season 38,573. This season 36604 for W Ham & 34725 for this one.

Last season attendance at the Everton home fixture = 38729.

Attendance today 34,725.

Club "crisis" needs solving quick to get back even the fans we have lost this season.

whats our average attendance btw?

Last season 38,573. This season 36604 for W Ham & 34725 for this one.

Last season attendance at the Everton home fixture = 38729.

big chunk lost then, thanks for the info though! :D

Â