• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor (for Carew 68)

Should never have won that. Great defensive performance, Collins and Friedel in particular, but I hope we won't have to do that kinda thing too much more often, as I don't think the team, nor the fanbase, could manage that kind of nerves week in week out.

The Everton games will be the end of me, thats about 5 on the trot I've been near a coronary.

How the hell did we win that?! It's goals that count though! Epic defensive performance! How we've missed Collins, my MOTM for steadying the ship after some woeful defensive displays. I don't think Cuellar would have got us that goal some how. Monumental effort from everybody, they left everything out there on that pitch. I love Ireland, but had Mac set us up as he was going to with Ireland in there I think we may have lost. Mac needs to learn how to play our players in their best positions if he keeps the job. Fantastic win!

What a performance from the back 4, Friedel and Petrov. Petrov gave a real captain's performance today.

In fairness to MON, he bought a lot of good defenders last year, and he bought men of character who held out brilliantly.

On the other hand (and I know it's not the time to moan - I'm just being realisitic) I actually think that match hurts Kev Mac's candidacy. He was going to play Ireland in the middle again - we would have been hammered. He was unable to change the game to give us a foothold. He didn't remove Carew for a long time despite the fact that he was doing absolutely nothing and we were struggling hugely - Gabby pressured the ball at all times when he came on and it was a huge improvement.

I don't know, I think the win was both

a) lucky, and

B) down to the players' reaction to the last 2 results, rather than McDonald figuring it out.

Last thing though, I did say last week that it's better to win a game 3-0 and lose 6-0 than to draw twice. And now look, 4th in the league!

Great result!

They were all over us but they really only created 2 clear cut chances that i can think of. We just defended brilliantly.

Oh, and the ref was absolutely appauling.

Â