• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor (for Carew 68)

an outstanding performance...not for quality but sheer determination and commitment...

ive gone for Collins for MOM, but Petrov,NRC and L.Young, Friedel could have all got it for me....

A.Young played very well for an attack which hardly saw the ball....

very proud of villa today and id have taken 4th in the league and 6 points out of 9 to start the season...

2 weeks now for Mac to hopefully step aside and for us to appoint an experienced manager....

and Stewart Downing you are extremely lucky if you (inevitably) start the next game....you should buy all your team mates a drink tonight for making up for your disgraceful lack of interest in the villa cause....

i have many boro friends who told me when he played for them he believes his own hype and he is a luxury player...i didnt believe them coz i still saw the good crosses and odd blockbuster free kick....

feel embarassed now

I'm sorry but for me that is one of my favourite wins of recent times. 6-0 loss, 3-2 loss, out of Europe, big crisis at the club. Performance was average, but we stood up and our defence was absolutely fantastic. Even Downing at the end was chasing all over the park. Reo-Coker I thought was exceptional and to be honest, I'm glad Ireland was out in the warm up because of the effect Coker had on the game.

Dunne Collins Young Warnock Friedel though, absolutely sublime.

an outstanding performance...not for quality but sheer determination and commitment...

ive gone for Collins for MOM, but Petrov,NRC and L.Young, Friedel could have all got it for me....

A.Young played very well for an attack which hardly saw the ball....

very proud of villa today and id have taken 4th in the league and 6 points out of 9 to start the season...

2 weeks now for Mac to hopefully step aside and for us to appoint an experienced manager....

and Stewart Downing you are extremely lucky if you (inevitably) start the next game....you should buy all your team mates a drink tonight for making up for your disgraceful lack of interest in the villa cause....

Good post, agreed.

Harsh on Downing imo, seeing him track back and get the ball out in the final minutes shows he's commited. He could so easily do a Carew and do sweet FA.

Another thing I agree with.

Albrighton getting praise from Yorke who has played with Giggs etc

Typical performance of an MON team, that. Not pretty but lots of grit.

You may not have enjoyed watching it but we got the points and now we're fourth.

Luke Young of course was the stand-out man and it's good if MON's departure means he's going to start playing well again.

Also, as for the whole season so far, Ash put in a good shift.

Some epic defending all round.

Harsh on Downing imo, seeing him track back and get the ball out in the final minutes shows he's commited. He could so easily do a Carew and do sweet FA.

i saw that too CED...i do try to see the good things he does....

but, possibly apart from Carew, every other player did that for 90 minutes

How the duck are people moaning? That was good a game as we played under Mon and in the circumstances at present a fantastic result. Credit to players and Kevin. Some tense moments and we it was too open at times but it made for but it made for a great match. Plenty to 'smile about and Some lessons top learn but Christ that was at times really entertaining. We of course need a new manager but that result was fantastic. We created several good chances! Who gives a stuff if people think we'played like an away side' it worked and we deserved it. Remeber we lost 6 0 last week lost in europe and kevin is a novice who's doing his best in uncertain times. If you can't enjoy this then **** off to man city or chelsea! Enjoy the win and now. Lets see who the manager is!

Think Albrighton will remember and learn from this match. His first PL card (?) and that miss on practically open goal.

Amazingly, somehow we're fourth. Let's keep it that way. :D

We looked much more solid with Reo-Coker in the team and he made a big difference. Ireland and Downing in the same midfield together is never going to work in a million years as they are both too weak imo.

Downing had a shocker today - doesn't even looked like he is trying especially compared to his wing buddy albrighton who was throwing himself at everything. He deserves to be dropped for the next game.

unbelievable game - the most frantic, tense and unbearable game I've watched in a long time.

James Collins was truly phenomenal.

It does beg the question though - how on earth would we have coped WITHOUT Reo-Coker?!!!!!

Three points: Great

Lots of effort, and players working for each other: Priceless

That is the thing we want, even when we struggle. Players with the heart. It was missing against Newcastle and Rapid, but I really hope they will continue.

Collins and Friedel were immense.

Also glad to finally see a good match from Warnock, who has been disappointing in the last matches.

Â