Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bannan was very good when he came on. Ireland would have benefited playing with Bannan and Makoun, Heskey not bad either

Agree with all of that.

Ireland looks like hes discovered his hunger for the game again. OK, he was not brill today, but you can see some big performances coming this season, if we keep him fit, and Randy backs his manager.

Our midfield is as weak as piss, and it wont wait until Janauary to be fixed. The problem is there, so go out and remedy it!!!!

It's quite scary how many people are pinning our hopes on Ireland next season. I'm yet to see anything in a Villa shirt to prove he will do anything. Bannan looks more likley to me.

After that performance today Ireland should be sold or given away with a bag of M'Coys Multipack to make sure someone takes him!

You could say that with most of them!

Never seen people sweat as much. Dunny looked like he had just got out of swimming pool, and that was only after three minutes....

That man needs to cut back on the Guiness me thinks.

It's quite scary how many people are pinning our hopes on Ireland next season. I'm yet to see anything in a Villa shirt to prove he will do anything. Bannan looks more likley to me.

Pretty much agree.. given the choice I'd rather see Bannan ahead of him.

Pretty much agree.. given the choice I'd rather see Bannan ahead of him.

And there's the major problem. Neither Barry Bannan or the Ireland we have seen over the last 12months are good enough unfortunately.

An on form Ireland back to the form he showed for City a couple of years ago would be a major player for us. Whether he can get back to that kind of level of performance is anyones guess. I hope he does though.

Barry Bannan has shown he atleast wants to get involved.. where is the problem in that?

I don't have a problem with him wanting to get involved. I just think like the out of sorts Ireland we have seen over the last 12 months that Bannan isn't good enough.

Bannan will forage a good career for himself especially if he has a good attitude. I just don't see it being at Premier League level and certainly not for a club that up until 12 months ago had aspirations of kicking on from being a top 6 club.

You say out of sorts Ireland.. but you must surely realise his performances have been poor anyway? despite one glimpse he has done nothing? even then he went off injured.. whilst Bannan has been involved and actually assisted a goal? Bannan has done alot more than Ireland has done this pre season.. he has showed the attitude of someone who wants to be here and stake a first team spot.. whether he is good enough or not is a matter of opinion.

Ireland again was anonymous. Did not get involved and didnt seem that bothered about it

What game you watching, seemed to be pretty **** off to me especially as Petrov or Delph didn't pass to him once in 45 minutes.

After that performance today Ireland should be sold or given away with a bag of M'Coys Multipack to make sure someone takes him!

You could say that with most of them!

Never seen people sweat as much. Dunny looked like he had just got out of swimming pool, and that was only after three minutes....

That man needs to cut back on the Guiness me thinks.

Richard Dunne needs to stop taking pre-season dieting tips from Steve Kean!

Ireland ran about a lot but really couldn't win the ball back. Seemed pretty pissed off too as wasn't getting any ball. People are being harsh on him but he didn't receive enough ball from Delph or Petrov.

Dunne was fine. We're lucky to have him.

Ireland again was anonymous. Did not get involved and didnt seem that bothered about it

What game you watching, seemed to be pretty **** off to me especially as Petrov or Delph didn't pass to him once in 45 minutes.

Petrov only passes sideways and backwards so unless your to the left, the right or behind him you aint getting anything

The less said about Delph today the better. Massive improvement needed.

Ireland to me seemed lethargic, didnt see much movement or tracking back from him. I though he was a passenger