Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

3-1 Everton. Can't see us getting anything. I would go:

Friedel

Cuéllar - Collins - Dunne - Warnock

Downing - NRC - Petrov - Young

Ireland

Agbonlahor

With that I think we might get a point, but if we defend as badly as we have been, Cahill, Arteta and Saha will have a field day.

My starting XI:

-------------------Friedel

Young-----Collins-------Dunne-----Warnock

------------Petrov---------Reo-Coker-----------

Young----------Ireland-----------------Downing

--------------------Gabby-------------------

I want Petrov and Reo-Coker playing very deep, but be there to provide an outlet if a forward player runs up a blind alley. Wingers hugging the touchline, Ireland has free role. I want to see more forward play from Luke Young and Warnock, I want to see some overlapping and them joining in attacks. Downing, I expect more from him, I want him covering his fullback when he gets forward. Dunne / Collins - please, please, please, no hoofing to the forwards.

To the team as whole - If you can't go forwards go sideways. If you can't go sideways go backwards. Keep the ball on the deck. If we've got the ball, the opposition can't score.

I think we will turn a corner today! Our main problem has been our defence, and with the return of Collins next to Dunne at the heart of our defence should sort this, as long as Mac isn't too blind to see Young in the hole and Ireland deeper isn't working and to stick Young back out wide and push Ireland further up, and bring NRC for his energy and running to cover the hole that Cahill and Arteta operate in. I'm saying 2-1 Villa, I really think that we can't get any worse than we have been.