Ratings and Reactions

brummybloke

how did stephen ireland play for villa tonight

Played well considering the circunstances, looks a quality player. He seems to know what's going on around him, which is different for us lol.

Great touch and passing as well, was head and shoulders above anyone one else for techinique.

Firstly, having checked the Generals posts he has actually had just over 1200 posts. Sorry about my exageration.

I think it is the same at every other club re. club news from their websites. It isn't very often you hear any other clubs chairmen come out either. in fact I can't think of any who come out.

If you don't like listening to what the General has to say in regards to a match then it's simple... don't read it.

If you want to give your feedback on how badly the club is being dealt with at the moment then fine. Tell him, I'm sure he would like to hear about it.

He is here to help the fans first and foremost and I think he deserves credit where it is due.

I don't want to give him feedback on how the club is doing. There's enough reactionary rubbish in his thread tonight I'm sure. My point is that I have no interest in what he has to say at the moment. He has been talking for long enough about us searching for a manager while points are being lost and we're dropping out of competitions I wanted us to do well in.

If you don't think I respect him from my post, then maybe I don't. Maybe we have different ideas of respect. Or maybe I don't think that he has done anything to deserve my respect. That isn't true because he did his duty very capably in a war to preserve our freedom, but I have as much respect for him with regard to this football club as I do for Jack Woodward and so speaking as a fan, and not a civilian, I couldn't care less what he has to say this week. I want to hear from our new manager.

Ratings

Guzan (5) - Not sure he could have done anything with any but the final goal and I couldn't really see how the final goal got by him from where I was - but there's something jittery about him, he just doesn't seem to inspire any calm.

Cuellar (6) - He wasn't actually all that bad, he's a better CB and he occassionally looked beaten for pace.

Collins (6) - Battled, tried, worked, fought, lost.

Davies (4) - Looked a bag of nerves, uncomfortable enough with a ball to suggest he'd not seen one before and has ultimately made the absolutely shocking error that's put us out. He's better than this, but you wonder how he'll get back to it.

Beye (7) - Marginally the best of our back four I thought, if only for his gallops upfield and for the shot that Heskey helped in.

Reo Coker (6) - Looked like he was trying but that he's lost the bit of zip that made him effective.

Petrov (6) - Looked good on the ball and generally had a reasonable game. Apart from his penalty. That was shit.

Ireland (6) - Good feet and smart on the ball, he showed some lovely touches and moved the ball around well - sadly he didn't do too much of that in their half. He's out of position and needs to be moved into the areas where he can do more damage.

Young (7) - Somebody cares at least. Ashley gave his all, was good on the ball and lively without it. His free kicks weren't much good tonight but his overall game was decent enough and he at least brought some passion to proceedings.

Agbonlahor (7) - Threatens defences and scores goals when you need them. If he was fit we'd be through.

Heskey (8.) - Our best player on the night. There, I've said it. I thought he held the ball up well, led the line with strength and intelligence, linked play well, scored one, won a penalty and created chances. Those that sang we want Delfouneso on at him right at the point when he was winning us the game might want to open their eyes.

Albrighton (7) - He's a grafter, he's not afraid to run at defences and he's got talent with the ball at his feet -is he a better centre forward than Delfouneso though? I'm not so sure.

MacDonald - There are two left backs at the club, you can't rest them both at the same time, we've got a talented attacking midfielder, you can't make him Reo-Petrov and expect to get the best out of him, when your striker is injured, replace him with a striker or bring a winger on and change the formation. He's made mistakes tonight. I wouldn't be crying my eyes out if MacDonald got the job, he's an excellent coach and a club man, but I don't think tonight will have helped his case - if he were to get the job, I think this season would be about him learning to do it, I'm not sure how waiting a year to do that would sit with some of our players. I'm not sure he's favourite anymore.

Ultimately, we worked hard to get some control over the game, managed to get ourselves ahead after some pressure, then gave it all away on a moment of madness. I don't think we're as bad as we'll be painted, but we've got to start learning lessons.

I'd take a mark off everyone's and add a couple to Ireland's, he looks a class act.

davies was a **** joke, how did he manage to give a corner away from there? beye wasnt much better but gets the benefit of the doubt for being out of position

ireland and NRC had the wrong roles, NRC played too narrow, should have put ash on the right and pushed ireland up the middle, yet he spent half the game the deepest midfielder, still some of irelands passing was great, the ball at the end to collins was a peach

heskey was nowhere as bad as some of the idiotic "fans" in the upper north made him out to be, yes he had some poor touches and should have scored (i think he did the right thing, into the ground over the dive, but got far too much on it) but also had some really good touches and some took up some good defensive positions when beye sprinted upfield, team celebration was a big fingers up to half the holte IMO

we look miles better with gabby in the team, fonz (who for some reason trained on his own at HT) is pointless on the wing

super marc is super

the ref was unsurprisingly a **** joke, worst penalty decision i think ive ever seen, the bloke has to go too, followed up by several shite decisions

look on the brightside though, if we draw a load of eastern european teams the competition can actually end up costing the club money, and it was yet another shout of "stop pissing about and put your hand in your pocket" to lerner, we wont achieve anything with davies and beye in the team

how did stephen ireland play for villa tonight

Played well considering the circunstances, looks a quality player. He seems to know what's going on around him, which is different for us lol.

Great touch and passing as well, was head and shoulders above anyone one else for techinique.

cheers i think he'll get better as he settles in and in a position he likes

and when you's get a full time manager

an embarrassing night to be a villa fan. to let that abysmal side knock us out of europe on our own turf two years running is utterly shambolic. we're in for a long seeason.

100% agree. And that's me being positive.

We have let in 9 goals against 2 very poor teams in 2 games. What's worse is that these teams have only had about 5 chances when scoring these 9 goals!

:bang:

I'd say we needed to lose this in more ways then one, the year is obviously going to be tougher with MON deciding he's a git and pretty much ruin our season so late on so i think it's better we focus on the league merely to keep midtable also it may put a rocket up Randy's ass to show big Mac is not the way forward his tactical ineptitude has shown through in the last two games and will probably cost us a game on the weekend, whilst i enjoy everyones sentiment towards him, chopping and changing our team when we don't have the depth this early in the season is pretty much asking for trouble which he has encountered but in saying that, knowing this club and the lengths it goes to in frustrating and dissapointing fans (it certainly feels that way at times) Randy will sign him, penny pinching word removed :D.

Beye - -41.

While I agree Beye was poor, he had no cover wahtsoever ahead of him and is not a left back. Not one of the central midfielder went over to cover much. I actually felt sorry for him.

Missed the 1st 15 mins due to traffic coming back from London. I Took my seat in the Holte at around 8pm and spent the next 10-15 mins trying to work out the formation KM was playing ????? Having done exactly the same on Sunday up Newcastle I'm now convinced the players are picking there own positions as it's just completely all over the place. I didn't even see this when DOL was manager. I love KM as he's a great Villa servant but please please get us a proper manager in ASAP before were back to the DOL days when our season consists of "As long as we finish higher than Blues" that's all we care about.

As for rating players it isn't even worth it. It's got to be said that Beye,Davis & Heskey are a disgrace and not worthy of wearing our proud C&B shirt. I just wish Heskey would **** walk !! He knows we hate him and never wanted the blue nose tosser at our beloved club - He's gaurdian angel (MON) has pissed off so there's nothing here for him no more.

I'm absolutley devastated at what's going on the moment especially after hearing Spurs are going to be hosting Inter Milan, Werder Bermen & FC Twente in the CL. Randy knows that should have been us.... Gutted absoltley **** gutted !!

Really couldn't care less what Gen has to say about that. Wouldn't mind if he just **** off til we got ourselves a manager

I don't think it would hurt to show him a little bit of respect.

Give it up. Are you being ironic?

Are you for real?

We are lucky enough to have the luxury of a member of the villa board come on to our fan forums. Someone who comes on to listen to the fans. The General helps us when we have queries, answers any queries we have with the club and takes any of our comments and passes them on which inturn improves the club for us fans.

Everyone bangs on about the general not having to post here,FFs how naive are some people? It's his job at the end of day.

All I have sen over the last few weeks is spin and over hyped yank bollocks 'I bleed clret and ble'

As they say in the good ol U S of a ' Horse shit!'

The General spends lots of time and has over 4000 posts on this site alone (from my memory) He doesn't have to come on and do it does he?

Do you know any other club which has this?

Yeah it's great having someone come out and give us information on what's going on at Villa because god knows no one else is doing it. The OS is a resource of old information and interviews you have to pay to view and the chairman never says a word. Paul Faulkner isn't giving much away and we don't have a manager, so you'll excuse me if I'm not waiting with baited breath for the General's next post which is designed to appease. He's a master at it.

I've been listening to him go on and on about what he thinks of performances, and how the search for a manager isn't easy etc etc, but still nothing. No manager appointed and nothing to show on the pitch either.

Respect is one thing, but there's more chance of Heskey reading this thread I reckon than the General, so why doesn't everyone show Emile a bit of respect.

When he comes to post again, he'll be simply saying the same thing again, but with the details relating to the Vienna game. We won't have a manager and we won't have a **** clue what's going on behind the scenes either. We're out of Europe for another season.

In my supportering of this club we haven't gotten to Europe that often, it would be nice not to throw it away so readily each time.

Petrov says, "It would be nice to know who the manager is". It bloody would. You're a **** caretaker boss MacDonald. You won't be taking over, just manage us the best you can during this crisis, but don't have any notions about taking over permanently and for goodness sake don't let the players hear that's your plan either.

Beye - -41.

While I agree Beye was poor, he had no cover wahtsoever ahead of him and is not a left back. Not one of the central midfielder went over to cover much. I actually felt sorry for him.

1st goal his fault, 2nd goal, again beaten down the line, Davies had to cover. 3rd time, gives ball away, doesn't even look to recover quickly.

Might not of had much cover but still should be able to defend properly, 1 vs 1.

Everyone bangs on about the general not having to post here,FFs how naive are some people? It's his job at the end of day.

All I have read over the last few weeks is spin and over hyped yank bollocks 'I bleed claret and blue'

As they say in the good ol U S of a ' Horse shit!'

hey,

I don't want to annoy you or anything as I'm sure many of you are gutted about this. I just want to point out that again your team and your coaching staff apparently didn't take us seriously; especially in the first leg but also in the second leg. Honestly I didn't believe we had a chance (yes, in football you always have a chance, but realistically...), and I still think we shouldn't have.

Something I just can't wrap my mind around is, I love the European Cup, I love watching my team play against clubs we don't usually play against every year, having foreign fans in the stadium and travelling to a "new" stadium myself if I have the time and money, but I just never felt like Aston Villa respected that. Not last year, not this year. Of course your players are vastly superior in almost every way to ours, but I guess that lack of enthusiasm is something that's difficult to overcome. Or we were just lucky, who knows.

Good luck in the Premier League. Until next year. (god, I hope not) ;)

Â