Ratings and Reactions

brummybloke

Really couldn't care less what Gen has to say about that. Wouldn't mind if he just **** off til we got ourselves a manager

I don't think it would hurt to show him a little bit of respect.

Give it up. Are you being ironic?

Are you for real?

We are lucky enough to have the luxury of a member of the villa board come on to our fan forums. Someone who comes on to listen to the fans. The General helps us when we have queries, answers any queries we have with the club and takes any of our comments and passes them on which inturn improves the club for us fans.

The General spends lots of time and has over 4000 posts on this site alone (from my memory) He doesn't have to come on and do it does he?

Do you know any other club which has this?

Ratings

Guzan (5) - Not sure he could have done anything with any but the final goal and I couldn't really see how the final goal got by him from where I was - but there's something jittery about him, he just doesn't seem to inspire any calm.

Cuellar (6) - He wasn't actually all that bad, he's a better CB and he occassionally looked beaten for pace.

Collins (6) - Battled, tried, worked, fought, lost.

Davies (4) - Looked a bag of nerves, uncomfortable enough with a ball to suggest he'd not seen one before and has ultimately made the absolutely shocking error that's put us out. He's better than this, but you wonder how he'll get back to it.

Beye (7) - Marginally the best of our back four I thought, if only for his gallops upfield and for the shot that Heskey helped in.

Reo Coker (6) - Looked like he was trying but that he's lost the bit of zip that made him effective.

Petrov (6) - Looked good on the ball and generally had a reasonable game. Apart from his penalty. That was shit.

Ireland (6) - Good feet and smart on the ball, he showed some lovely touches and moved the ball around well - sadly he didn't do too much of that in their half. He's out of position and needs to be moved into the areas where he can do more damage.

Young (7) - Somebody cares at least. Ashley gave his all, was good on the ball and lively without it. His free kicks weren't much good tonight but his overall game was decent enough and he at least brought some passion to proceedings.

Agbonlahor (7) - Threatens defences and scores goals when you need them. If he was fit we'd be through.

Heskey (8.) - Our best player on the night. There, I've said it. I thought he held the ball up well, led the line with strength and intelligence, linked play well, scored one, won a penalty and created chances. Those that sang we want Delfouneso on at him right at the point when he was winning us the game might want to open their eyes.

Albrighton (7) - He's a grafter, he's not afraid to run at defences and he's got talent with the ball at his feet -is he a better centre forward than Delfouneso though? I'm not so sure.

MacDonald - There are two left backs at the club, you can't rest them both at the same time, we've got a talented attacking midfielder, you can't make him Reo-Petrov and expect to get the best out of him, when your striker is injured, replace him with a striker or bring a winger on and change the formation. He's made mistakes tonight. I wouldn't be crying my eyes out if MacDonald got the job, he's an excellent coach and a club man, but I don't think tonight will have helped his case - if he were to get the job, I think this season would be about him learning to do it, I'm not sure how waiting a year to do that would sit with some of our players. I'm not sure he's favourite anymore.

Ultimately, we worked hard to get some control over the game, managed to get ourselves ahead after some pressure, then gave it all away on a moment of madness. I don't think we're as bad as we'll be painted, but we've got to start learning lessons.

Tactics and seleciton were again abysmal. Petrov took one of the worst penalties I've seen and it really lifted Vienna as we slowly crawling back into the second half. Davies and Beye at massive fault for two of their goals. Bottling performance from a group of players who are better than that and deserve a manager with some tactical sense.

**** sake I could have organised that team tonight. Villa Park is known for being a fairly wide pitch, so why the hell did we not play with any width. Further more we get two wide players on the field eventually and play them both centrally. It really is beggars belief. Macdonald doesn't deserve the job on these two performances alone, out of his depth unfortunatly but fair play to him for stepping in.

Heskey was shite again but was not the only one.

Ashley Young is a left winger, I have had enough of this nonsense of him being in the hole with one or two up front, it just doesn't work. Ireland, Petrov and Reo-Coker hadn't a clue what formation we were playing and none of them went over to the left when defending leaving Beye horrendously exposed with no one to play in front of him.

Curtis Davies. What the **** was he doing leading up to the corner, really an embarrassment to central defenders everywhere on that moment.

All in all a shambles. The only way is down at the moment unless Lerner can appoint a manager with some sort of tactical knowledge.

Really couldn't care less what Gen has to say about that. Wouldn't mind if he just **** off til we got ourselves a manager

Are you for real?

We are lucky enough to have the luxury of a member of the villa board come on to our fan forums. Someone who comes on to listen to the fans. The General helps us when we have queries, answers any queries we have with the club and takes any of our comments and passes them on which inturn improves the club for us fans.

The General spends lots of time and has over 4000 posts on this site alone (from my memory) He doesn't have to come on and do it does he?

Yeah it's great having someone come out and give us information on what's going on at Villa because god knows no one else is doing it. The OS is a resource of old information and interviews you have to pay to view and the chairman never says a word. Paul Faulkner isn't giving much away and we don't have a manager, so you'll excuse me if I'm not waiting with baited breath for the General's next post which is designed to appease. He's a master at it.

I've been listening to him go on and on about what he thinks of performances, and how the search for a manager isn't easy etc etc, but still nothing. No manager appointed and nothing to show on the pitch either.

Respect is one thing, but there's more chance of Heskey reading this thread I reckon than the General, so why doesn't everyone show Emile a bit of respect.

When he comes to post again, he'll be simply saying the same thing again, but with the details relating to the Vienna game. We won't have a manager and we won't have a **** clue what's going on behind the scenes either. We're out of Europe for another season.

In my supportering of this club we haven't gotten to Europe that often, it would be nice not to throw it away so readily each time.

Petrov says, "It would be nice to know who the manager is". It bloody would. You're a **** caretaker boss MacDonald. You won't be taking over, just manage us the best you can during this crisis, but don't have any notions about taking over permanently and for goodness sake don't let the players hear that's your plan either.

My ratings (having had an hour to reflect)

Guzan - 5: didn't much to do but got his footing all wrong for 2 goals

Cuellar - 5: Average looked less confident going forward than last year.

Collins - 6: A good comeback game from Collins.

Davies - 3: Pure garbage - please please leave

Beye - 5: Attacking great but found out he has no left foot!

NRC - 5: Looks like he swapped his boots for clogs. No vision at all.

Ireland - 6: Unfortunately played too deep, nice touches and passing.

Petrov - 5: Looked composed and decent until the penalty

Young - 4: Spent too much time on the floor, wasted too many freekicks/corners and is too lightweight to play centrally. Back on the wing please.

Gabby - 6: Nice comeback unfortunately cut short..... we lost all impotus after he was subbed.

Heskey - 5: Good effort but not much else. Don't think he meant the goal!!!

Subs:

Albrighton - 6: Direct and dynamic. Another good performance

Delfouneso - 5: didn't have too much time to impact the game.

KMac - 3: wrong team selection again and not enough about him to change it when it all began to go wrong.

how did stephen ireland play for villa tonight

why is it all you "city" fans come here to ask this question after every match?!? really annoying.

not very well i take it then

no he played well actually, you have a thread on your own forums - get lost.

there is a thread on bm giving him stick i asked on here to get an honest view

and if you dont like city fans looking on here what were you doing on bm bit hypocritical dont you think

Are you for real?

Yeah it's great having someone come out and give us information on what's going on at Villa because god knows no one else is doing it. The OS is a resource of old information and interviews you have to pay to view and the chairman never says a word. Paul Faulkner isn't giving much away and we don't have a manager, so you'll excuse me if I'm not waiting with baited breath for the General's next post which is designed to appease. He's a master at it.

I've been listening to him go on and on about what he thinks of performances, and how the search for a manager isn't easy etc etc, but still nothing. No manager appointed and nothing to show on the pitch either.

Respect is one thing, but there's more chance of Heskey reading this thread I reckon than the General, so why doesn't everyone show Emile a bit of respect.

When he comes to post again, he'll be simply saying the same thing again, but with the details relating to the Vienna game. We won't have a manager and we won't have a **** clue what's going on behind the scenes either. We're out of Europe for another season.

In my supportering of this club we haven't gotten to Europe that often, it would be nice not to throw it away so readily each time.

Petrov says, "It would be nice to know who the manager is". It bloody would. You're a **** caretaker boss MacDonald. You won't be taking over, just manage us the best you can during this crisis, but don't have any notions about taking over permanently and for goodness sake don't let the players hear that's your plan either.

Firstly, having checked the Generals posts he has actually had just over 1200 posts. Sorry about my exageration.

I think it is the same at every other club re. club news from their websites. It isn't very often you hear any other clubs chairmen come out either. in fact I can't think of any who come out.

If you don't like listening to what the General has to say in regards to a match then it's simple... don't read it.

If you want to give your feedback on how badly the club is being dealt with at the moment then fine. Tell him, I'm sure he would like to hear about it.

He is here to help the fans first and foremost and I think he deserves credit where it is due.

Are you for real?

Firstly, having checked the Generals posts he has actually had just over 1200 posts. Sorry about my exageration.

I think it is the same at every other club re. club news from their websites. It isn't very often you hear any other clubs chairmen come out either. in fact I can't think of any who come out.

If you don't like listening to what the General has to say in regards to a match then it's simple... don't read it.

If you want to give your feedback on how badly the club is being dealt with at the moment then fine. Tell him, I'm sure he would like to hear about it.

He is here to help the fans first and foremost and I think he deserves credit where it is due.

If you lack the quality, then you should still be able to win a home game against an average team with sheer effort.

Sadly we lacked both quality and effort tonight. There was only one player who was self motivated enough to chase every ball and that was young Marc. The rest need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Maybe RL should make them buy tickets in order to get into the ground against Everton on sunday. He should charge them 20% of their wages so that they understand what Villa's devoted supporters have to part with, just to see eleven players who appear to be not very bothered about playing anywhere near their potential.

Still, I've dried out enough to enjoy a hot cup of cocoa and tomorrow I'll start thinking about sundays game. UTV!!!!

Â