Ratings and Reactions

brummybloke

How did Ireland play? Got to see him for about 10 minutes where he almost scored a goal. Had another pass that looked great.

Things will get better once you get your manager situation settled. Can't expect great things from a team abandoned by their manager 5 days before the start of the season.

Second half he was playing too deep and Reo-Coker was getting forward when it should have been Ireland. I think he linked the defence and midfield together well but he would be more effective further forward.

He has a very good eye.

truly shocking - on paper that team should have comfortably won that game, even with both Beye and Cuellar playing out of position.

I agree with whoever said that if MON had selected that side we wouldn't have lost... there was nothing coming from the sidelines and when the inevitable wobble started KMac didn't do anything to stop it, apart from propping up the dugout.

We blatantly need a manager, not a coach but a manager - I like KMac but he's not the way forward and has been shown up in 2 consecutive matches.. we start bright but as soon as something goes against us we fold...

Saying that he was not helped by the players... Beye caught on the ball and Davies with (hopefully his last) bizarre clearance gifting them a corner from which they equalised. Guzan was again found wanting (probably a book on goalkeeping!)

Ireland was way too deep IMO and should've been playing in the Young role, who was a complete waster this evening, how many freekicks were stupidly punted over the bar or straight out of play.

The positives - Gabby scoring on his (short) comeback, Collins looking decent, Ireland showing nice touches and Albrighton looking better and better each game.

Really couldn't care less what Gen has to say about that. Wouldn't mind if he just **** off til we got ourselves a manager

I don't think it would hurt to show him a little bit of respect.

i said last season we needed to look at moving friedel on and getting oin a quality younger keeper, that is still the case as it is clear guzan for all his penalty saves last season, is not a reliable keeper.

pretty much everyone on here has already said that the following players are shit

beye, sidwell, heskey, curtis davies

well sidwell had an excuse tonight, the other 3 didnt, if it helps they get between them i would guess £120,000 for their work this week.

i bet MoN is pissing his turn coat pants at us.

the only player who played who wasnt part of MoN 's team was albrighton ( he played well and was rightly extremly **** off at NRC for not passing him the ball when we were winning and he was completely free with acres of space to attack with support already in the middle of the park).

all three of the goals were mistakes by expensive flops. beye is shakey enough on the right but putting him at left back was **** retarded, playing cuellar at right back? we may as well have played beye at right back and cuellar at left back, at least it would only be one player out of poition.

it would mean curtis 'im shit' davies would not get on the pitch and cuellar could have played in the middle leicha could have played at right back for **** sake.

NRC was half good and half shit tonight. HE should be the one holding not ireland, he was bought to be effective in the final third not haiving to do petrov and NRC's job.

if we play young how we played him tonight then we cant play ireland as we are too weak in the middle.

i think i may not bother even watching for free for the next couple games, it seems like a waste of my time, i described in another thread i was feeling 'meh', that feeling is continuing until something exciting happens with the apointment of a top manager and the signing of a true top quality player.

I'll pretend this is the ratings an dreactions thread

Guzan - 1 what a joke that this guy gets on the pitch still, simply awful, not good enough for Aston Villa, hopefully Shay Given will be in by tuesday

Cuellar - 5

Collins - 5

Davies - 4 Top 4 contenders, seriously, would John Terry or Rio Ferdinand or come to think of it Jonny Evans attempt that clearance that gave the corner for the second goal?

Beye - 4 Not good enough for Aston Villa F.C.

Ireland - 6 promising, then disappeared

Young - 3 Get up off the floor

Petrov -3 Captain, don't make me laugh, Pathetic penalty, bet he wouldn't take one like that against England at Wembley

Reo-Coker - 5 Unbelievably managed to keep possession and pass to his own team

Gabby - 6 missed as soon as he went off

Heskey - 5 at least he found the net

Albrighton - 6 enthusiastic

Delfouenso - 5 enthusiastic

Very worrying, I'm not suprised K-Mac has the backing of the players i bet it's all just a little bit to cushy and cosy for them. We need a manager that's going to get them to play - even Mick McCarthy is beginning to look appealing and likewise Maradona.

Don't Panic! Don't Panic! but if someone can't get this shower into shape soon we are going to be on the end of some more hammerings.

If O'Neill left in May we could of got Mark Hughes and everything would of been alright. I think O Neill left at that time to unsettle the club.

All of problems stem from O'Neill leaving, he left with no decent managers available and only 5 days before the season started. You cant blame Lerner as he needs to make sure he is making the right choice and it cant be easy for the players not knowing who will be in charge.

Gabby's back! And he scored! And he's injured again! Hooray!

Heskey. Lol.

They successfully targeted Beye's right-footedness in the second half. The formation afforded him little direct cover, but he was still pretty terrible out there.

Davies needs to go. ASAP.

NRC did some good work, then promptly found was to undo it.

Ireland looked promising. As stated, was playing WAY too deep in the 2nd half.

Don't think Guzan was particularly bad, just completely hung out to dry by worthless defending.

Petrov made a couple great passes, took a shite penalty, then did nothing whatsoever.

Albrighton looked lively, but had nobody willing to help him out.

I wish we'd just take all free kicks quickly, because we sure as hell can't do anything from a standard set piece anymore.

Jesus crist that was feckin awful , what the **** was Davies doing with that clearance , we've just gone 2-1 up the whole idea is to see the game out and calm it down . Absolute **** discrace do you think Randy will give everyone free tickets for a Premierleague match after that shambolic display ? I **** doubt it .

I didnt think i could feel any lower after the Newcastle match but they've proved me wrong .

We all criticise o'neill. But his team would have never lost this game

Have you forgotten what happend last year?

Anyway, it's not MacDonalds fault that we got a squad full of shit players. His tactics doesnt seem to work at all though.

If O'Neill left in May we could of got Mark Hughes and everything would of been alright. I think O Neill left at that time to unsettle the club.

All of problems stem from O'Neill leaving, he left with no decent managers available and only 5 days before the season started. You cant blame Lerner as he needs to make sure he is making the right choice and it cant be easy for the players not knowing who will be in charge.

i agree somewhat, although petrov took the penalty and could've scored..this had nothing to do with MON.. also we havent heard MON's reason on leaving so its pretty unfair to blame it on him, although he did leave 5 days before the new season admittingly.

Tonight, I count five problems

i.) We can't defend a cross - that might be down to not having enough fullbacks in the squad, it might be down to having a keeper who whilst he has his strengths also has his weaknesses, or it might be down to a lack of midfield cover.

ii.) Without Gabby, we don't look particularly threatening.

iii.) No one can take a penalty.

iv.) Curtis Davies, he looks a bag of nerves and his bizarre attempt to lob Guzan from the touchline has ultimately resulted in them getting a corner, proving point No. 1 turning the momentum and putting us out. He looks awful at the moment, he needs games to find his form and I wouldn't be against sending him on loan somewhere to get them.

v.) Confidence - if you score against us we fold like a cheap brolley.

Really couldn't care less what Gen has to say about that. Wouldn't mind if he just **** off til we got ourselves a manager

I don't think it would hurt to show him a little bit of respect.

Give it up. Are you being ironic?

and so we start the free fall

i would have posted on the matchday thread how ever ironically i get this message

PNphpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

critical error indeed curtis 'im shit' davies habib 'im shit beye brad 'im shit ' guzan petrov 'i can kick for shit' petrov

and emile ' im shot full stop and only scored because the ball smacked into me and i couldnt control it' heskey

we deserve all we get with this shower of shit

Mate, we were crap, but we didn't have a back four, your not going to do any good with defenders who've hardly played with each other.

We scored 2 goals and could've scored more and played badly. When we play well, we'll be a very difficult side to defend against.

If we get ourselves a decent manager and the back four settle, we should do ok.

On the back of the Newcastle performance, tonight was an improvement, we made some bad errors at the back that cost us, but on the whole we were a lot more solid than Sunday.

Â