Ratings and Reactions

brummybloke

People think Heskeys goal was deliberate?

:bonk:

Well done Emile, you've broken your 6 month goal drought.

he knew absolutely **** all about it. didn't it hit his back and go in?

No, he guided it in with his chest. Watch it again.

For me as bad as the team was and several individuals shocking, part of the blame has to go on Kev Mac. I no he is doing a good thing filling in etc but surely any1 knows that beye has never played left back before so why play him there in such an important game and also Ireland is not a defensive midfielder and never has been so again why play him there. Also Albrighton wide left/upfront.....he is a right sided winger WTF. The managers position needs sorting now and the team and staff know where they stand and can make some kind of positive progress into getting results or we are fooked!

Everyone was quite happy after the first half, second half poor performance and we're in free fall and the worse team in the world!

Laughable.

it's not that funny when you concede 3 soft goals of which none should have happened.

Gutted, really gutted. Fed up of this club ripping my heart out and stamping on it as hard as possible. Fed up of us faffing about with stupid team selections and disrespecting this tournament. We don't have the right to treat this tournament the way that we do, it's just arrogant and stupid. Doesn't matter anymore anyway, that's the end of our European nights for an extremely long time.

Very annoyed right now! Gonna just ignore all football for a long while.

this. 100% this. why are we resting players for the best tournament we play in - we aint gonna win the league, the fans love the european nights, im sure the players who were rested would be up for a euro adventure but no; we're saving them for the third league game of the season in case they are tired. where is the fecking logic in playing 38 games and despreately trying to stay in eurp places to then play the reserves?

i can see 4th place is the ultimate goal (sad and ironic i know) however the contempt we show this tournament and the opposition = exactly what we've got. I think KMac is a decent man but unless he has been told from above not to play his best team, why the **** isnt he.

And as for the penalty - i would have bet my mortgage on him missing that, Petrov hasnt stuck a ball cleanly in 4 years at VP

Everyone was quite happy after the first half, second half poor performance and we're in free fall and the worse team in the world!

Laughable.

it's not that funny when you concede 3 soft goals of which none should have happened.

Did the first half not happen then, when we played some good stuff?

Obviously we dont win a game just playing well in the first half but some of the reactions on here are like we will play like that every game.

KMAC has to take responsibilty for the defeat IMO, because all 3 goals came from the left, where we were exposed as we had a right back who hardly plays for Villa in that role. Ireland also look like he was playing a holding role, there was large part of the game, I didn't know the role our midfielders were playing, who was on the right side of midfield?

Heskey had a good game as did Albrighton and Young. The rest were average, didn't think Davies had a bad game apart from that joke of a clearance. Beye was out of position alot, but he look uncomfortable on the left though. Guzan didn't have a save to make all game, but they scored 3 goals some how, they showed more desire then us.

Are you taking the piss? He was trying to get out of the way of the ball.

:lol:

KMAC has to take responsibilty for the defeat IMO,
Unlike for the Newcastle defeat, he's not taking responsibility for this one.
"We are obviously very disappointed. I thought we were in total control when we went a goal ahead.

"We might have scored one or two more and I thought we played some good football, when we got our top players like Stephen Ireland and Ashley Young on the ball.

"We gave away a silly equaliser and then got in front again.

"At that point, I expect a team with so many top players to actually keep the lead for a bit longer than they did.

"We gave a silly third goal away as well. It was three individual mistakes and we are out the tournament.

"You can't legislate for individual mistakes from international players. It was disappointing.

"But the lads score goals as a group and they will accept responsibility for the mistakes as a group too.

It's hard to say he's wrong on this occasion. Even if playing Beye at LB was a surreal, comedy intervention in the selection stakes, we had plenty enough on that pitch to win the match twice over FFS.

For me the real turning point was the penalty, even though we got a goal quite shortly afterwards. It must have given Rapid a lot of heart to see the pathetic fumblings over our Big Chance to grab the game by the throat.

Laughable.

No one saying were in freefall but anybody can see that things certainly arnt right by a long way

Laughable.

No one saying were in freefall but anybody can see that things certainly arnt right by a long way

People are reacting like the heavens have fallen!

Of course things are not right we dont have a manager and no direction.

But we have a group of decent players waiting for a decent manager to get em going.

Let Lerner do his job which has always been in the best interests of Villa.

Laughable.

Did the first half not happen then, when we played some good stuff?

Obviously we dont win a game just playing well in the first half but some of the reactions on here are like we will play like that every game.

no I saw the first 35 minutes as well, and they were very good, but last time I checked a football match was 90 minutes.

West Brom played awesome football, but they got relegated, because of stupid errors and playing people who clearly weren't cutting the mustard, just as some of our players last night.

Laughable.

People are reacting like the heavens have fallen!

Of course things are not right we dont have a manager and no direction.

But we have a group of decent players waiting for a decent manager to get em going.

Let Lerner do his job which has always been in the best interests of Villa.

But thats part of the problem. We do not now have a group of decent players.

We did have four, but two of those have been sold and not replaced with the same quality.

The third is now a pale shadow of himself (Young) who would be better auditioning for the Olympic diving team, or at least learning how to cross a ball without overhitting it. If Spurs came in with a late bid of 25 million for him i would snap their hands off.

The fourth (Gabby) is the only decent player we have left and for me his injury against Rapid changed the tie in their favour.

As stated before, ITV4s close up of Randy when things were going tits up against Rapid told me a lot. O'Neill has spent over 100m of Randy's money on players not fit to wear the shirt. Where are the players who will put bums on seats for him?

O'Neill has left both Randy and fans deep in the smelly stuff. After it became clear to O'Neill that Milner was going to be sold, O'Neill's ego told him to go before he would be associated with the players left behind. The players O'Neill signed on whopping big contracts which didn't match their quality.

Our chairman now knows that it is going to take another massive expeniture for a new manager to clear up the mess that O'Neill has left behind. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Randy trying to sell the club at the end of the season.

how did stephen ireland play for villa tonight

why is it all you "city" fans come here to ask this question after every match?!? really annoying.

not very well i take it then

no he played well actually, you have a thread on your own forums - get lost.

there is a thread on bm giving him stick i asked on here to get an honest view

and if you dont like city fans looking on here what were you doing on bm bit hypocritical dont you think

No, i was on BM because of the milner/ireland saga, i've never posted on there and I will never post on that scum forum.

Are you taking the piss? He was trying to get out of the way of the ball.

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuRr7m9-aq8

It's pretty obvious he just guided it in, not saying it's a good goal, he did well but any striker in that position would of done the same, you can't just say he didn't mean it cause it's Heskey, it weren't exactly an extremely difficult skill, getting a ball which is coming towards you to deflect it goalwards.

Guzan 2/10

Cuellar 3/10

Collins 5/10

Davies 1/10

Beye 1/10

A.Young 6/10

Petrov 4/10

NRC 1/10

Ireland 4/10

Agbonlahor 7/10

Heskey 0/10

Albrighton 7/10

Delfouneso 3/10

I cannot believe that after so much time i spent sticking up for players such as Nigel Reo-Coker and Curtis Davies that they deserved to play and they were not given a real opportunity under MON and were unfairly dropped. To start from the keeper, Guzan was terrible you would swear that the ball was a raging flaming meteor coming towards him, completely useless. Cuellar was dozy failed to pick up his man for 2 of the goals and offerd very little. Collins was a little under average. Davies played like one would play with a play station 1 football game when one is pissed drunk, shooting at his own goal for the second??? Cannot believe what i was looking at. Beye was absolutely woeful, for the two obvious reasons giving the goals away, goes to show how shit Newcastle were when he got their player of the season. A.Young worked hard, but lost the plot a little IMO, even from the first touch shooting from the half way line, gives the impression he thinks he is Lionel Messi which he is far from. Petrov was beaten time and time again in midfield and I honestly knew by the look on his face and his stance over the ball that he would miss before he even took the penalty. Reo-Coker WAS one of my favourite Villa players before the game, but my god wasnt he SHIT SHIT SHIT, didnt know what to do with the ball and was clearly desperatly lacking in quality. Ireland - I actually forgot he was even playing, one or two nice touches but did not get involved a lot although probably one of the better ones maybe, not a hard task though. Gabby always looked lively and really has looked after himself over the summer and through injury was in tip top condition and looks stronger than ever, great finish too. Heskey - There are two footballers that spring to mind when i think about players who have played in a Vlla shirt being so unbelivably SHIT in begs belief, Jlloyd Samuel and Emile Heskey, how in the name of good god did he miss the rebound on the pen, it was harder to miss!!! Ive seen enough of him to suggest he is up their with Bosko Balaban for the worst mony we have ever ever spent. Albrighton looked livey and tried, always does, Delfouneso played out of position in fairness.

Although we played discraceful i think the problem lies a lot deeper than what we seen in this game, MON bought most of the players on that picth roughly 30 million of complete SHIT and an estimate of 300,000 in wages worth of SHIT. And its not Randy's fault he didnt pick the shortlist it was Martin O' Neill, he knew that he had picked a bad bunch and he got out just in time before he tarnished his reputation. He bottled it and has left us spineless, so much respect lost for the man. He nearly spent more in 4 years than Wenger has hiss whole career actually i think he has over done him! Redknaap showed him how to spend money and get results. O'Neill for England?? Man United?? Dont make me f**kin laugh!!!! You need to applaud Rnady Lener for the backing he gave the gaffer but unfortunatly he decided to buy what we were forced to watch on Thursday night.

Â