• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go..

Guzan

Cuellar, Collins, Davies, Beye

Downing, NRC, Petrov, Ash

Ireland

Gabby

I hope Ireland is available for Tonight's game!! I didn't think he would be as Milner isn't available for City - but I suppose they filled up their squad with other stars..

What's the usual thing on getting tickets the day of the game?

Wasn't gonna go 'cos I thought I was working, but it turns out I can go.

I reckon you can just rock up to the Holte or Trinity road ticket office and buy a ticket, probably best to speak to the club first though to make sure.

I think he should give Albrighton a rest to be honest.

I'd go....

.........................Guzan............................

Cuellar.......Collins------Davies...............Lichaj

A.Young......Reo-Coker..Petrov........Bannan..

.........................Ireland..........................

........................Agbhonlahor...................

Ireland hasn't played in a while. Not sure he would be up to 3 games in a week.

45 minutes wouldn't hurt, surely?

True.

Would love to go tonight but none of my mates are up for it, plus I cba to drive.

Aston Villa: Dunne, Warnock, Young and Downing left out of squad for Rapid Vienna tie

Aug 26 2010 By Mat Kendrick

KEVIN MacDonald is making no apologies for excusing four influential first-teamers from crucial Europa League duty against Rapid Vienna at Villa Park tonight.

Richard Dunne, Stephen Warnock, Luke Young and Stewart Downing have had extra time off this week to prepare for Everton in the Premier League on Sunday.

Dunne has a slight back problem and is also coming to terms with a break-in at his family home on Sunday when Villa were being thrashed 6-0 at Newcastle.

With James Collins (calf) and Carlos Cuellar (hamstring), MacDonald believes there is now enough cover at centre-back to avoid risking the Irish international defefender.

Warnock and Downing have been given a breather after three games in quick succession, while Young has also benefited from extra recovery time.

"Two or three have been given more time off," said MacDonald.

"Richard is not playing. He has got this ongoing thing with his back and I think we’ve got to manage him because he is a big player for us.

"But we’ve obviously got James Collins and Carlos Cuellar coming back.

"There are one or two others who have had time off as well.

"Not just Richard. Richard also had his house broken into the same day as the Newcastle game so it has been a bit traumatic. He had quite a bit of stuff taken I think.

"It was a bad day. It was a bad day for all of us. But I don’t have a problem with Richard having time off.

"Richard wasn’t the only one that was disappointed – all 17 or 18 plus myself. I should be more disappointed because I selected the team so I am the one that looks the worst.

"I’ve given Stewart Downing and Stephen Warnock a bit more time off because they played three games in seven days last week.

"I am quite happy to make big decisions. I knew straight away last weekend I wasn’t going to have them to play."

MacDonald accepts there could be a misconception that players are being rewarded for failure after getting time off depsite the shocking result at Newcastle.

But the caretaker manager hopes Villa supporters understand his decision to rest key stars with two crucial cup and league games at Villa Park in four days.

"People might say it doesn’t look great – but you’ve also got to realise the position Tony McAndrew and I are in," he said.

"We’ve got groups of players that we are having to try and get ready to play games.

"So if you imagine we’ve got 22 players ready now, plus the four or five we’ve given extra time off to, I am trying to get them ready for maybe Sunday’s game.

"It is different if you have got seven or eight extra staff who are missing at the moment. That is the big consideration.

"I know how it might be looked upon outside but we’ve got to look upon that sort of thing.

"It was pre-mediated what we were going to do win, lose or draw – partly to help us get more organised.

"Whether the fans would be happy, I am sure they wouldn’t be very happy.

"But I can’t apologise to them for letting the players have time off. I can apologise for us not playing particularly well and hopefully we’ll get the right reaction against Rapid Vienna."

Clicky

No wonder the players apparently love him. Getting so much time off whilst collecting £60,000 a week.

I expect us to get beaten tonight. The one shining light will be perhaps it'll force the hand of Randy to look further afield than the first person he saw after O'Neill quit.

Team will be along the lines of:

--------------Guzan---------------------

----Beye--Collins--Cuellar--Lowry----

--Albrighton--NRC--Petrov--Bannan--

-------------Young-----------------------

-------------Gabby-----------------------

I think he should give Albrighton a rest to be honest.

I'd go....

.........................Guzan............................

Cuellar.......Collins------Davies...............Lichaj

A.Young......Reo-Coker..Petrov........Bannan..

.........................Ireland..........................

........................Agbhonlahor...................

Id also go this, im hoping that delfouneso gets a good run out also.