Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

i don't know whether it was just a bad day or whether it was, bad tactics, bad team selection, bad defensive coaching or whether Newcastle just played awesomly.

I thought Ash Young never stopped running and was very impressed with how much he fought for it today.

Stephen Ireland got us passing the ball nicely (first half) nothing second half though. Stan had a good first half. Rest of the team .... **** woeful.

That was ten times worse than the Chelsea match.

1.) Ireland is not a **** holding player. What the **** was KMac thinking. He made a huge mistake.

2.) Albrighton, as I suspected, was useless when players catch on to him. He has no pace to beat decent full back.

3.) Clark, as I suspected, is not physically ready for big strikers

4.) Friedal needs replaced sooner rather than later

5.) Carew is a **** useless lump on his own up front.

6.) We need a new manager, an experienced manager, sooner rather than later.

7.) That was a disgrace and if I was the manager I would fine the players.

The depressing part about it was that we actually missed James Milner ALOT. I would very much doubt if we would have lost that 6-0

had he been on the pitch.

It's only football though! :cry:

I've always been a fan of Warnock but I've had it with his shit falling over and constantly being turned by any player who comes near him.

And to think I was considering pre-ordering the new shirt today.

Thanks for saving me £50 I guess.

Good thing it happened now and not in the middle of the season cos ast least we can spend money to improve in some way.

I thought it was tactically naive though. With them having both Barton and Smith in midfield, it showed that they were up for a battle. We did not have anyone to match them at all. Noone with any kind of bite and as a result their midfield won all the battles. Badly need to move to 5 in midfield if we are to play IReland in there. We badly need Gabby back as well to help play this formation.

Will be interesting what McDonald says after that anyway.

A 4-0 trashing is much the same as a 1-0 unlucky defeat

1. We lost 6-0. SIX fuxking nil.

2. No it's not. It's an embarassment. We've just lost 6-0 to a newly promoted team. Who are shit.

People are going to put the telly on to see the result and laugh. I'm going to go to work tomorrow and people will laugh at me.

It's not the same as losing 1-0. It's one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Villa. I'm not even overreacting. I'm usually positive about Villa, probably too positive.

There's literally nothing positive to take from this.

MacDonald's team selection all wrong.

Friedel 3. As OBE said, looks old.

Warnock 4.

Young 3. Run ragged.

Clark 4.

Dunne 3. Three errors causing goals.

Young A 4. Stop throwing yourself on the floor.

Ireland 5. Best of a shite lot.

Petrov 4. Crap

Carew 2. Penalty miss let them into the game. Performance non exisitant.

Downing. 2. Sidwell.

If I remember, Jonathan Woodgate made his debut for Real Madrid, scored an OG and was sent off within 10 minutes. (Shaky memory, but think it's true.) As he walked off he said '**** me, what a debut!'

I only hope Ireland is as good humoured.

Second half was as pathetic a performance I can remember since doncaster in the league cup.

friedel - 3 not good enough and unfortunately neither is his understudy

young l - 4 offered very little

dunne - 3 terrible error to put us out of it before half time

clark - 5 ok in a terrible defence

warnock - 4 shaky and nothing fluid going forward

albrighton - 4 never got into it, rightly substituted

ireland - 5 looked lost but at least looked bothered

petrov - 2 these are the sort of games where a captain has a big role to play, he didn't and second half we were headless chickens

downing - 3 not good enough for this club

carew - 4 you cannot afford to miss penalties

young - 7 MOM must be very frustrated

heskey - 4 I hope he can find success elsewhere

reo-coker - 1 after seeing him dispossessed while apparently asleep twice i hope he never plays for us again

beye - not on long enough

all of the teams that we ought to be challenging this season would have seen off Newcastle within the first half hour, Chelsea would have buried them. The second half performance shows we've got big problems and with a week of the transfer window left it's going to be a long season - may be we should be taking the Europa Cup seriously.

Â