Ratings and reactions

OutByEaster?

Iam not exegarating when I say this is the worse villa performance I have seen in over 25 years

Defensively maybe. But I absolutely cannot believe how badly we are losing given the quality of our passing in the first 20 minutes or so.

Oh funny how the game against Spam was the best we've seen in years as well eh?

Villa lost the game.

But it's 4-0 to a team that frankly most of us love to laugh at.

Still do, they are not very good at all and would have beaten a lot of teams today, especially given the lift of seeing a Pen missed so early.

We sent them down and this is payback.

We'll lose to worse sides than this too in the future, we'll beat far better sides as well.

As an aside I cannot think of a club with more players you would wish simply disappeared from your screens....

A Smith

Nolan

Prisoner Barton

Carroll

Seriously, I don't see how it's possible that we have the right to mock Newcastle after a drubbing like this. Remember the laughter on here after the 5-1 against Small Heath?

Quite easy, it's football and banter.

They will finish below us.

Iam not exegarating when I say this is the worse villa performance I have seen in over 25 years. Yes there have been games where we don't look like scoring, yes we have been hammered by the big boys, - but today we haven't even had a shot on target, contributed to at least 3 of the goals - with awful defending. What was that half hearted Dunn chalenge for goal 4 ?.

Lets not forget this isn't a good team we are up against. Ashley Young is only one who looks like doing anything.

4-0 flatters us to be honest - this could be 7 or 8

Mega Lolz.

I can think of Doncaster away in the league cup, pick any game from GTmk2 or DO'L. Nevermind those one offs under O'Neill that seemed to come from nowhere ie Chelsea away.

Iam not exegarating when I say this is the worse villa performance I have seen in over 25 years

Defensively maybe. But I absolutely cannot believe how badly we are losing given the quality of our passing in the first 20 minutes or so.

Oh funny how the game against Spam was the best we've seen in years as well eh?

Yes - but is was passing where it didn't hurt newcastle - it didn't produce a single shot on target. Steve Harper will never have an easier day

Absolute complete and utter embarrassment. I haven't seen a performance like this since that infamous night in Doncaster.

Honestly one of the worst performances I can remember. At least the 5-0 against liverpool and the 7-1 against Chelseawere against good teams.

I asked in the match thread if K Mac was capable of a half time team talk. Clearly he wasn't because the players came out with their heads down as if they'd already lost the game.

Diabolical

Won't bother with ratings, Ash was the only one who played anywhere near well, and he stil wasn't great. carew was shite and I love Richard Dunne as much as the next guy but he was awful today.

Not sure we lost this tactically, I just think we played very badly.

Friedel - 3 Looked old.

Young - 4 Added little

Clark - 3 Couldn't cope with Carroll

Dunne - 3 Couldn't cope with Carroll either

Warnock - 3 Looks off the pace

Albrighton - 4 never got going

Ireland - 3 Largely invisible

Petrov - 1 His worst performance in a Villa shirt

Downing - 3 Weak

Young - 6 tried to put pressure on the back line

Carew - 3 Penalty was the most effort he put in

subs

Heskey - 4 tried to put himself about

Reo Coker - lost

Beye - pointless

Our last league game was as good a performance as I can remember, today's was as bad as I can recall - who knows which is the real Villa.

Christ I hope it's not this one.

I think its a blessing in disguise..... Hopefully Randy will see that it's niave to trust in youth too much (not making scapegoats of Clark and Albrighton), I would've started with Beye at centre back, purely because he is rather dominant in the air, and can read the game relatively well, going with Ireland in centre-mid was a non-starter for me too, would have rather seen Reo-Coker start with young and Downing on the wings and Ireland playing behind Carew.

The more alarming thing I could see on the pitch was that no-one seemed to be taking responsibility and attempting to gee up the players, they seemed directionless, lacked leadership on and off the pitch, and the result was us losing to a mediocore side, who on the back of todays result will gain some confidence and win a few more games than they would have had the result/scoreline been different. It definatley showed that we need to appoint a proper manager who has managed some bigger clubs before, and to bring in his own coaching staff too, leaving Kevin Mac to carry on doing the job he's been doing for the last 15 years. We looked sluggish, off the pace and berift of ideas in the final thrid. The midfield was totally unbalanced and offered no protection to the defence, hence the scoreline. When was the last time a team in European competition haven't managed a shot on target in a whole game, against a team who had just been promoted to the top flight?

A result like this makes me so angry that it's hard to calm down and be rational. But I'll try.

A 4-0 trashing is much the same as a 1-0 unlucky defeat - you get no points. We were always going to drop a game or two against weak opposition this year, so here's one. What's important is how we rebound. Also, we always anticipated a tough game in a promoted team's first home match. They were well up for i.

That said, Kev Mac got every important decision wrong today. Albrighton struggled massively with 3 games in a week, and Enrique had him in his pocket. At least Marc tried, I felt, unlike Downing who hid.

Ireland shouldn't have been put straight in. Myself and many others felt so before the match, but it was clear as day once it started - we ceded the midfield to them. We needed more presence there.

Carew was shocking again, and from the moment he skied the penalty the momentum changed - their tails were up, the crowd was lifted and we were in deep trouble. I have serious problems with Carew - his work rate and chance conversion rate are unacceptable for me. I know he leads the line well, but I'm almost past caring.

I think Newcastle's physical style was perfect against us. They're used to defending crosses to a big man from down the championship. We had to control midfield and play through them, and we couldn't.

Friedal and Dunne had bad games but if you're seriously questioning their places then I think that's knee jerk. Warnock, on the other hand, has been crap far too often over the last few months for my liking.

Ratings? Give everyone 5s, with Carew a 4.

Â