Support in Vienna

Lion-heart

There were around 20 extra in our end with the England ladies and their squad.

But who gives a good ****? We had a brilliant time and if others decide that they don’t want to go or cannot go, then that’s their issue, as this was an immense trip and probably better than the previous seasons European aways.

That said, when we get into the group stages, we’ll take a good few thousand to the away games then.

I think, with respect, that there are too many reasons to support NOT going than going at the present moment.

Not long ago folks were paying a large sum of money towards their season tickets. Probably not much left in the old tank at the moment.

£550 quid is a real tough ask

There were around 20 extra in our end with the England ladies and their squad.

But who gives a good ****? We had a brilliant time and if others decide that they don’t want to go or cannot go, then that’s their issue, as this was an immense trip and probably better than the previous seasons European aways.

That said, when we get into the group stages, we’ll take a good few thousand to the away games then.

this

it was a quality few days but we did say that should we draw ajax or prague for an away trip we would take thousands. draw was made like 2 weeks before the game and i just accept that some dont have the time and money to go at the drop of a hat.

in any case, we could have had 5000 there and wouldnt have outsung them austrians!

In no way is this one of those I'm a better fan than you threads. I'm lucky enough to be in a position where I can get to follow the team in Europe. But on Thursday night there were less than 200 fans in the away section. Just with those I met, that included 2 fans of other teams, enjoying the experience, 2 who came from Barcelone, 2 from Hungary, 1 from Austria, 1 from somewhere in Eastern Europe(didn't recognise the accent) and 1 who had accompanied her boyfriend for a shopping trip. Now for a club which averages nearly 40,000 each home game, that is a poor turnout in my view. Talking to the Rapid fans, Liverpool took over 1000 for a pre-season friendly. Now Vienna is a beautiful city, hardly in an inaccessble location like Turkestan or Iceland, so why the apathy?

Me and my other Villa mate should have been in Villa but we could not buy a ticket! I do live about 80 miles away from Wien in the Czech Republic. I wrote an email to Villa Ticket Office to get a ticket but I had no reply. Classy way how to treat fans from abroad... :(

"1 from somewhere in Eastern Europe(didn't recognise the accent)" - this could be my mate, I visited Rapid last year with him!

Too short notice which makes flights too expensive, just like last year. I went to Prague and Hamburg because you get more time to find cheaper flights and hotels. Soon as the group stages kick in Ill plan for a few away trips.

Money:

Not only are a lot of people struggling at the moment but some like me have just forked out over £500 for my season ticket, some are on holiday or still paying for the ones they have just had.

Long road ahead:

I hate this competition, Sunday and Monday games, too many games for the players and it really does go over the whole season but with it being such a long competition there is no way fans can go to every round so they will pick and choose very

Â