Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Yes, he has wasted many chances lately. Yes, his technique could be better.

However, he does get into scoring positions and does get chances, unlike our other players. I'm not sure you want to get rid of a player like that on a team that doesn't score. Would it be better to let him get his groove back?

He gets chances because of his position. Means nothing without execution!

Can we stop the "down the middle" myth yet? 

Make Benteke play right mid and see how he does. Weimann was a goal poacher. He was essentially a young version of Bent but to get him into the team, Lambert put him outwide. It's been a while, but there was some stats posted that showed when Weimann started as a striker, he had just above .5 goal to game ratio. He is not a winger because he can't pass, cross, and he does not have amazing pace. What Weimann does have is good positioning, he makes smart runs, and if given more than one chance per match, he can score. Weimann should be used when we are needing a goal and he should be put up top next to Benteke not out wide. 

• Like 2

I don't give a **** if he would prefer to play down the middle. Show me a top flight striker who is weak, slow, poor in the air and can't pass. In the modern game there is no room for a forward like Weimann and that's why he is played outwide.

Even if he was played through the middle though I doubt he'd be much better as when he comes inside and gets in the box he makes the football look like a golden snitch.

If you look at the stats he's our top goal scorer and has our most assists. His passing success rate and key pass stats are better than both Benteke and Gabby. Now we've scored **** all but that says more about the other forwards that it does about Wiemann.

His touch and composure can be poor but if you look at most of our good chances / goals he's usually involved in the play. I'd like to see him rotated more with the likes of Grealish so that we have different options but he's hardly the worst player we have and at the moment I'd rather see Gabby dropped than Wiemann

• Like 1

The thing that concerns me the most isnt his lack of goals, many mistakes, ball control or general lack of productivity. It's the fact that he hasnt shown one iota of improvement.

He gives 100% every game but that should never be a plus point for a footballer, every one of them should be doing this at a minimum.

For me, he will be a 10 goal a season Championship forward at best.

I don't give a **** if he would prefer to play down the middle. Show me a top flight striker who is weak, slow, poor in the air and can't pass. In the modern game there is no room for a forward like Weimann and that's why he is played outwide.

Even if he was played through the middle though I doubt he'd be much better as when he comes inside and gets in the box he makes the football look like a golden snitch.

Shane Long

Wickham

Fletcher

Soldado

That West Brom guy

Jelavic

Ulloa.

Riviere

There's about £70m worth there for you.

Can we stop the "down the middle" myth yet? 

Make Benteke play right mid and see how he does. Weimann was a goal poacher. He was essentially a young version of Bent but to get him into the team, Lambert put him outwide. It's been a while, but there was some stats posted that showed when Weimann started as a striker, he had just above .5 goal to game ratio. He is not a winger because he can't pass, cross, and he does not have amazing pace. What Weimann does have is good positioning, he makes smart runs, and if given more than one chance per match, he can score. Weimann should be used when we are needing a goal and he should be put up top next to Benteke not out wide. 

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with that statement in bold. He doesn't make smart runs, he just runs a lot, an awful lot. He had several chances yesterday to either score or make an assist, or do something productive with the ball at the very least, but he didn't and quite often doesn't.

He isn't good enough to be a starting striker in the Premier League. He lacks composure, he lacks technical ability, no matter how much he runs or puts the effort in he is woeful in front of goal. 

What happened to the guy that we saw in Lambert's first season?

Shane Long

Wickham

Fletcher

Soldado

That West Brom guy

Jelavic

Ulloa.

Riviere

Think you should take Fletcher out of this list, i would have him in our side any day of the week over both Gabby and weimann 

Abysmal. Shouldn't be near the squad.

We recalled Robinson from Preston, get him in the side ahead of him.

Agbonlahor, N'Zog, Grealish and Bacuna (off a front man) should all be ahead of him.

He's sitting back on his new fat contract and letting his career go down the drain.

That new fat contract has less than 18 months to run now dosen't it?

Be interesting what we do in that regard.

Shane Long

Wickham

Fletcher

Soldado

That West Brom guy

Jelavic

Ulloa.

Riviere

Fletcher, Wickham and Ulloa are all poor in the air are they :)

Long is very quick as well mate. Soldado is a class footballer despite being lazy so not quite the same.

I'll give you Jelavic but Rivière is pure gash

Â