Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I don't mind Weimann. He's a much better footballer than Gabby. He isn't a winger though, and never will be. 

I'd rather we sign a proper winger and use Weimann as an impact sub as a striker, or pair him up front with Benteke. 

• Like 1

I hope so. I remember 'that goal' at anfield and the way he linked up with benteke that day and thought he's a cracking little player but his performances since have been so hit and miss,

He just seems to make the wrong decision so often.

Making the right decisions is a critical element for a striker......it's what makes good ones and bad ones.

I think he has regressed a lot from 12/13 in terms of his quality on the ball and build up of attacks. Quite a few times that season he dropped off from the front and linked up well with the midfield, all I see now is a bloke clueless with the ball.

What will keep him in the team is goals, he needs to score more of them as he is capable.

Weimann would not even make the bench under any other manager, why Lambert persists with him I'll never know, He's the last weak link in the starting line up for me. Greedy player who has no vision whatsoever and the worst first touch I've ever seen, we could have scored twice against newcastle had he thought about his team mates instead of taking ridiculous shots. Can't wait for Cole, Benteke & Kozak to be fit again, we'll be a far better team with Weimann in the stands.

Weimann would not even make the bench under any other manager, why Lambert persists with him I'll never know, He's the last weak link in the starting line up for me. Greedy player who has no vision whatsoever and the worst first touch I've ever seen, we could have scored twice against newcastle had he thought about his team mates instead of taking ridiculous shots. Can't wait for Cole, Benteke & Kozak to be fit again, we'll be a far better team with Weimann in the stands.

None of those players can play on the wings so not really sure how they are the answer.

Weimann is not a winger, where he is being forced to play.

As for the greedy part, I cannot see that in his game, I want my attackers to be taking shots.

As for the we would have scored twice if he hadn't, laughable, how can you say that for sure.

I was a big critic of Weimann last year, but this is a new season, he had a poor game being out of position again, but he has 1 in 2 for the season.

I hope he gets back to form against Hull.

Whack him up top.

• Like 1

None of those players can play on the wings so not really sure how they are the answer.

As for the greedy part, I cannot see that in his game, I want my attackers to be taking shots.

As for the we would have scored twice if he hadn't, laughable, how can you say that for sure.

I was a big critic of Weimann last year, but this is a new season, he had a poor game being out of position again, but he has 1 in 2 for the season.

Whack him up top.

Laughable how you can defend him, also laughable how you misread what i wrote,  I said COULD have scored twice not WOULD have.

Laughable.....................

I like Weimann. He works hard, he occasionally shows good finishing and he doesn't kick up a fuss for being played on the wing. He's easily good enough as a squad rotation option, and his first season shows that he can perform higher than his current level.

This is how I feel as well. He gets a lot of stick on here, some of it deserved, but it's hard for players to be played consistently out of position. He has a very good strike rate when played as a striker, especially for a bottom half team like us. I want to see him play up front on Saturday (from which position, it should be noted, he destroyed Hull just a few months ago). 

• Like 1

Whack him up top.

Laughable how you can defend him, also laughable how you misread what i wrote,  I said COULD have scored twice not WOULD have.

Laughable.....................

Could have, should have, would have.

Every player you could look back on and said he could have and should have done this. Nobody is perfect, not even Messi and Ronaldo,

Â