Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I've made up my mind. He's a rubbish footballer. Yes he works hard but my goodness, he cant finish, his close control is abysmal, his passing is sketchy at best and he has no footballing brain. An absolute liability. You cannot ever rely on him to do the right thing or show quality when its needed most. We need to get rid.

Very harsh words imo. 

I am his biggest fan and yes he needs to be dropped, but saying he can not finish and has no football brain is way way over the top. He is certainly not an absolute liability. He's our top scorer FWIW. He needs a rest and then to be played in his best position with some decent players round him. Not Gabby and Bent.

Its bang on IMO. Hes our top scorer because we have played 2 games and scored 1 goal. He shouldn't need a rest the season has just started.

The last bit should be the other way round. Id love to see how many chances we can get to Bent if we put Cole/Grealish behind him.

Besides work rate, what's this guy's talent?

He has scored our only goal this season so without him we would be two points worse off.

If that brainless player didn't go for glory and instead passed it when we were 3 against 2 yesterday we might have 2 more points. 1 goal and 1 good game doesn't compensate forbeing bad 4/5 games. He can't pass, he's shooting is bad, his decision making is horrendous. Both him or Gabby shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven.

Edited by villalad21

I wouldn't sell him, but he is not a first teamer in my book more a squad player....He has some good points,he is lively, but he lacks composure and if we have any ambition to reach midtable or beyond he needs more consistent performances in order to contribute to that objective.

Good work rate should be a given at this level.....its simply not enough to cite good work rate or runs the channels and drags players away.....simply not enough for where we want to be, its ok, if you want to be wrestling with relegation every season.

Gabby and Weimann was simply not good enough on Saturday and their ineffectiveness was instrumental in Newcastle gaining more control of the game.

• Like 1

Weimann reminds me of a slightly less angry version of Paul Dickov. Lots of industry, but not really going to score a load of goals at the top level. It is something I have thought for a while, and hoped that I would be proved wrong.

It looked like he might prove me wrong the season before last, but he has regressed badly over the last 12 months, whether that is down to loss of desire or whether he has been found out and hasn't improved I am not sure. He needs to improve drastically if he wants to continue at this level.

I've made up my mind. He's a rubbish footballer. Yes he works hard but my goodness, he cant finish, his close control is abysmal, his passing is sketchy at best and he has no footballing brain. An absolute liability. You cannot ever rely on him to do the right thing or show quality when its needed most. We need to get rid.

Very harsh words imo. 

I am his biggest fan and yes he needs to be dropped, but saying he can not finish and has no football brain is way way over the top. He is certainly not an absolute liability. He's our top scorer FWIW. He needs a rest and then to be played in his best position with some decent players round him. Not Gabby and Bent.

Its bang on IMO. Hes our top scorer because we have played 2 games and scored 1 goal. He shouldn't need a rest the season has just started.

The last bit should be the other way round. Id love to see how many chances we can get to Bent if we put Cole/Grealish behind him.

Highlighting that he is our top scorer was showing that he is not a complete liability. I don't think he needs a rest from the team for physical reasons. Just think he perhaps needs a break from the overall pressure of the game. His last few goal celebrations have not been the wild scenes that we were used to when he was banging them in. I don't think he is enjoying his football as much as he was and is without doubt, trying far too hard.

The season has just started, he doesn't need a rest for any reason....If the manager doesn't think he's worth his place then he should drop him but I think he needs to be given a good run down the middle. 

• Like 1

I've said for a while that at best he can play as a kind of poacher, except more hardworking. At one stage, he did seem quite clinical. He is too limited to play any other role.

Edited by Isa

Needs to be dropped for a actual skillful winger. Clumsy on the ball and just looks like he runs around without knowing what the heck to do. But he did show glimpses of class as a striker so as backup to Benteke and Kozak would be where he should be in the pecking order.

Needs to be dropped for a actual skillful winger. Clumsy on the ball and just looks like he runs around without knowing what the heck to do. But he did show glimpses of class as a striker so as backup to Benteke and Kozak would be where he should be in the pecking order.

He's probably better suited to playing off one of those two. As an option rather than simply third choice. If, for example, Benteke were to play in the hole (cue gif), picking the ball up deep and driving forward, Weimann would get so much space to run around in he wouldn't know what to do with it. Which is part of his problem I guess, but he is a competent finisher in my opinion.

I'm not saying as plan A, but it's a plan. Plan A should always be whatever suits The Beast.

Shite on the wing.

Decent striker but still not convinced he'll make it at this level.

I know its raining today - but cheer up mate! 

Once Benteke is back we'll see better performances from Weimann - i'm convinced.

• Like 1

I hope so. I remember 'that goal' at anfield and the way he linked up with benteke that day and thought he's a cracking little player but his performances since have been so hit and miss,

He just seems to make the wrong decision so often.

Shite on the wing.

Decent striker but still not convinced he'll make it at this level.

I know its raining today - but cheer up mate! 

Once Benteke is back we'll see better performances from Weimann - i'm convinced.

I agree, but will there be room for Andi when Benteke is back?

Â