Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Love that photo of him telling Bojan to get the **** up in the reactions thread

Link me couldnt find it

Edit: dw moosh

Sorry was in the cissokho thread

Absolute unit. Chuffed with his performance today.

Cissokho.jpg

I'm obviously really happy about him grabbing a much needed goal but his first touch is diabolical

The stoke adoring fools on the nbc commentary kept saying similar. Then saying that the defenders failure to react was diabolical. My thought was that you and they both missed that he was a full 2 beats faster than anyone else to react to the karom. And that's what made him clear. Yes his first touch was awful, but his reaction and quickness were blinding compared to all others nearby. You were happy he grabbed it. I was impressed with his first-to-react status, the announcers were frustrated because he ended their preferred script.

You would have thought Stoke were in the sky 4 listening to nbc

• Like 2

Wiemann needs a good strike Partner. He cant play with Gabby. Benteke struggled to stay fit last year and to no suprise Andi struggeld as well. Benteke returning.. if fully fit we may just see the old Wiemann return.

I'm obviously really happy about him grabbing a much needed goal but his first touch is diabolical

The stoke adoring fools on the nbc commentary kept saying similar. Then saying that the defenders failure to react was diabolical. My thought was that you and they both missed that he was a full 2 beats faster than anyone else to react to the karom. And that's what made him clear. Yes his first touch was awful, but his reaction and quickness were blinding compared to all others nearby. You were happy he grabbed it. I was impressed with his first-to-react status, the announcers were frustrated because he ended their preferred script.

You would have thought Stoke were in the sky 4 listening to nbc

Yep, his reactions were brilliant. He looks much sharper than he did last season.

Has clearly been on the weight watchers and the treadmill this summer.

Big season for him.

Andi's goal on Saturday pretty much sums him up as a player right now. He hasn't always got the best of ability, as evidenced by his poor first touch. But he never gives up and he never stops trying, which is why he was first to get to the rebound ahead of 2 or 3 defenders, and he has a touch of good fortune to him also, because on another day Begovic probably would have saved it.

I think he gets deployed on the wing because he's more willing to track back and help out the defenders, which Gabby doesn't do very often (or well) and Bent won't really do at all.

I was talking with my mate about Andi and we came to the conclusion that he's pretty much our Podolski. His finishing is quite good but everything else is a bit lacking. We reckon his best position is playing just off the striker like he was 2 seasons ago when he had a decent season playing off Benteke's knockdowns.

Edited by JohnStortford
  • Like 1

I was talking with my mate about Andi and we came to the conclusion that he's pretty much our Podolski. His finishing is quite good but everything else is a bit lacking. We reckon his best position is playing just off the striker like he was 2 seasons ago when he had a decent season playing off Benteke's knockdowns.

I'd say that's a pretty fair comparion and while Podolski is stronger Wiemann is better on his wrong foot.

I will say though that Weimann is one of the best players at the club when moving the ball out of his feet and then shooting, I feel whenever he's got his back to goal, or is stationary in the box with a defender tight to him that he's going to create a chance to shoot.

Â