Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

.....you usually get what you deserve from the terraces.

this will he won't he scenario wears thin with me.........when we have been dodging bullets for seasons on end.

Its the managers job to determine whether players will or won't make it.

I'm a fan.....its my job to say to myself if he is or isn't doing it.

Edited by TRO

Reckons it is going through this week:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123193/Derby-County-closing-signing-Andreas-Weimann-Aston-Villa-keen-permanent-deal-Tom-Ince.html

Aston Villa forward Andreas Weimann is poised to join Derby County this week in a £2.5million deal.

Manager Paul Clement is quickly building a squad to challenge for promotion having already signed Wigan goalkeeper Scott Carson, Reading defender Alex Pearce and Weimann's former team-mate Darren Bent on a free from Aston Villa.
Derby also remain keen on a deal for Hull City winger Tom Ince.

The Championship club are able to enact a £4.5million clause to sign the England U21 international owing to the terms of his loan agreement last season.
Weimann, 23, is an Austria international and scored four goals in 35 appearances last season.
Villa right-back Matthew Lowton, 26, remains a target for Burnley as they look to replace Kieran Trippier who is destined for Tottenham but is a back-up option for Liverpool if they fail to sign Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

The only thing I didn't like about him was when he scored v Hull a couple of seasons back, last home game of the season, and cupped his ears to the fans. He'd been getting stick because he'd been crap for most the season and scored about 3 goals in 35 appearances prior to that game. He did always work hard though, despite lacking talent, and I like Derby (proper club, good fans), so I hope the move goes through and he links up well with Bent.

The problem with most of our squad imho, they see that sort of return as doing enough. It isn't. We need players who demand more of themselves.

It's the 'losers' tag Sherwood was talking about isn't it. I seem to remember Weimann tweeted after that season with a beer in hand saying 'job done', we'd just finished 16th on 38 points FFS. That is not job done for Aston Villa Football Club.

Exactly that mate.

• Like 1

Is he any worse than Vardy?

This transfer to Derby seems to be taking ages.

On balance Vardy is better, he's quicker and creates more chances/assists for others. But still, Vardy isn't a very good player and objectively worth around £5m at most. 

2.5m for weimann, i'd snap their hands off

Is he any worse than Vardy?

This transfer to Derby seems to be taking ages.

On balance Vardy is better, he's quicker and creates more chances/assists for others. But still, Vardy isn't a very good player and objectively worth around £5m at most.

Agreed with this

Seen quite a few Leicester games this season because my mate has a season ticket with his brother who can't make it a lot of the time. Vardy is actually a good player as well as having an exceptional work rate and being very very quick.

I can see reasons for not signing him (age, lack of goals, high price) and I wouldn't really be bothered too much either way. But to say Weimann is a better player is an absolute laugh. Even the Weimann of 12/13 is far worse than Vardy and we haven't see that Weimann for over 2 years now.

Also feel a bit sad at him leaving because I remember feeling confident we'd got a great prospect on our hands with him a few years ago and he generally worked hard and seemed a good character. In the end he clearly wasn't good enough, but I really hope he has a good career and I don't have anything in particular against Derby so wouldn't mind seeing him do well there.

(If he's half as good a Whittingham was in the second tier he'll be a great buy for Derby too)

(Edit: assuming you meant Guy, not Peter)

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin
  • Like 1

Â