Vienna fans throwing & spraying at our youngsters

danceoftheshamen

I was actually raging. A bit of camaraderie between players and supporters is alright, but throwing **** coins and lighters at our players, and even when Weimann was being stretchered off? I hope we do make a complaint.

The other point about all this is that IMHO the fans actually initimidated the officials as well. You could see as the game wore on,

that there was no way the ref was going to give us anything. Every time one of the home players fell over, the ref blew up for a foul.

He also stopped the game to speak to KevMac, presumably for coaching the players too much!!! Booked Guzan for nothing, then refused

to stop the game when he was being pelted with objects from the crowd!!...It got ridiculous towards the end, giving the home team

free kicks & corners.

I'm glad that we never play teams from Pakistan, other wise half our contributors would be arrested.

One lighter and bit of water on a few occasions and everyone is up in arms.

Football supporters are such sensitive little lambs............

I'm glad that we never play teams from Pakistan, other wise half our contributors would be arrested.

Doesnt make it right thou does it?

Scumbags, last year doing throat slitting gestures towards the kids in the NSL and a few of them dancing around like monkeys when Ash missed. Best thing we can do is stick to supporting our boys next week and wave them goodbye when we knock them out!

This is what really pisses me off about fans in Europe, they get away with murder. If what we saw tonight was done by fans of an English club it would be all over the media and calls for bans from European competion, yet this is acceptable on the continent.

Really?

I must have imagined my country becoming 3-0 losers because of the actions of 1 fan. Give the selfpity a break.

I saw 1 lighter. What else remotely ban-worthy did they do?

This is what really pisses me off about fans in Europe, they get away with murder. If what we saw tonight was done by fans of an English club it would be all over the media and calls for bans from European competion, yet this is acceptable on the continent.

Really?

I must have imagined my country becoming 3-0 losers because of the actions of 1 fan. Give the selfpity a break.

I have to agree with Stubbo on this one im afraid.

English fans are labelled as trouble makers before they even leave the country.

If they were English/Villa fans throwing lighters and water at the Rapid players, there would be hell to pay!!

UEFA would be all over us like a rash!

As an Rapid Vienna supporter I have to admit that it was absolutely disgusted what some of our so called “Fans” did to Weimann yesterday.

Also throwing a lighter at Guzan shows some peoples greatness of mind.

But (and thanks to ChrisNichollsToe for pointing it out) this few scumbags didn’t represent the majority of us !

(You can read here & here that yesterdays incidents received the harshest condemnation by almost all fans, and this is the official Rapid Wien message board)

And I think you maybe also have some “black sheep” at your supporters and non of you liked to be judged by their “behavior” ?

For myself will come to VP next week as an passionate supporter for my team, and I hope I will have some good discussions with several Villa supporters as I had at last years visit.

I think a large proportion of the ill feeling is down to the fact that they'll be treated differently to us.

If I did any of that I'd be locked up for the night.

Really?

I have to agree with Stubbo on this one im afraid.

English fans are labelled as trouble makers before they even leave the country.

If they were English/Villa fans throwing lighters and water at the Rapid players, there would be hell to pay!!

UEFA would be all over us like a rash!

Fair enough :)

I think Rapid will get a fine and the same would have happened elsewhere.

I considered it an overall good and intimidating crowd, that will win their team alot of points.

And I thank them, for giving our youngsters some invaluable experience.

They will have learned alot from that and they (mostly) handled it nice.

Really?

WTF are you on about self pity?

Someone only has to throw a coin in this country and its in the news.

What about the water throwing as well.

All I am saying is if that was at VP it would be a media frenzy, English fans a disgrace yet again etc etc...

Watching the Liverpool game after ours, it is clear how superior our stewarding is in England. I don't think the fences help matters either - they help create a hostile atmosphere.

I think that UEFA should come down on them hard but fair, this will help defuse the situation at Villa Park if we see that action has been taken.

I know water wont harm Weimann (if it was water!), but it's more the intent. It must have been upsetting for the lad. I could brush off a lot of things, but being treated like that by fellow Villa fans wouldn't be a nice experience and would be hard to take - especially if my family were in the crowd.

Did they not have a big English flag as well? Im guessing it had birmingham city or something of the like written on it.

It was Hatchetts Sutton Coldfield flag that was robbed there last year.

European fans seem to class it as a big thing to pinch an oppositions flag.

Really?

WTF are you on about self pity?

Someone only has to throw a coin in this country and its in the news.

What about the water throwing as well.

All I am saying is if that was at VP it would be a media frenzy, English fans a disgrace yet again etc etc...

I never claimed you had good media in the UK.

A few lighters and some water, would not make it to other European papers.

Swedish fans did however make it to some papers today, after thrashing the visitors teambus.

Not the rest of Europe´s fault, that your media couldn´t care less about that.

Do you think, they deserve anything more than a fine for this?

What a shameful behaviour from a few dumb heads. I can only apologise and mention that such air headed bimbos represent only a very small group within the rapid fans.

But I also have to say that this is not new in austrian stadiums. Almost evry player kicking a corner for example is sprayed with beer and other liquids.

Anyway, I think we were the better side yesterday, but missed to many opportunities. We weren`t concentrated in the first minutes because of the theater what happened a few hours before. And this is deadly against a premier league club, no matter if the first squad is playing or not. And Katzer vs. Albrighton is almost like cheating ;).

I don`t think that we now have a chance to qualify. You will probably play again with your first and we have to put pressure on your team to score. This is almost equal to miracle, but we will see. We will be again about 1500 supporters, full of hope to complete mission impossible.

Â