Vienna fans throwing & spraying at our youngsters

danceoftheshamen

There were racist taunts at some of our black players too, fortunately they are street wise and game them the finger.

Really TRO? Were you at the game?

If so then it's a no brainer, report the bastards and make them play in an empty stadium. It was happening on all 4 sides of the pitch. Animals the lot of them.

The treatment they gave poor Andreas Weimann was utterly shameful. He was badly injured and in tears and they spray the lad with water. He's a youngster, who was being substituted, so intimidating him then is pure spite. And to think that he once played for their youth.

I agree with the earlier sentiment (can't remember who posted it). If that was us Villa fans it would be a national disgrace. I doubt it'll even bother the Austrians or UEFA.

unfortunately if you're only allowed out of the basement on matchdays this sort of thing is going to happen

I suppose if you support a little team from a little country you've got to make an impression somehow

Bloomin' hell chads, I too was praising their support but this just takes the biscuit.

Austrian tossers have to relate to violence because their football is so shite. They couldn't even beat a bunch of kids tonight. I hope we thrash them next week!

Intimidation of the opposition is almost part of the game in a lot of European countries. irrespective of the appaling treatment dished out to a lot of travelling supporters (especially if they're from England). Verbal abuse and throwing of objects at players is pretty much par for the course, mores the pity.

You can actually see it being allowed to go on and if theres any issue made of it, you can bet that reference will be made to 'the English disease', as if somehow to justify it.

Did they not have a big English flag as well? Im guessing it had birmingham city or something of the like written on it.

Yeah they indeed had one,they held it upside down and the text was real small so I couldn't make it out. I think I've spotted Villa on it, not sure ?! Wouldn't be the first time they tried to steal flags from the away fans.

That just shows what kind of d***heads they really are.

I'm really sorry for Weimann, he seems like a nice guy and I would have loved to see him more than 2 minutes :/ Hope he's not seriously injured :?

But yeah, when it comes to Rapid Vienna fans they are a class of their own, stupidity wise. I would have loved to wear my Villa shirt to the game tonight, but chose not to for obvious reasons ;)

Reo-Coker did the right thing at the end by showing them the middle finger

Teach them racist fans a lesson by kicking them out 3+:0 at Villa Park ;)

Funnily enough i was in Vienna for a few days about 2 weeks before we drew them last season (Weird how things like that always seem to happen :shock: ) I remember thinking "you watch we'll draw an Austrian team now iv'e just left" & sure enough out their name came!!!

Anyhow i must admit after going to one or 2 nightclubs in Vienna & touring the place in the day it is quite an odd though beautiful & very historic city with a very old & hard atmosphere in places. It was a major force for many years before the World wars & it has that nasty edge still lurking in the shadows although it feels like it's heyday has been & gone & it's now quite depressed & lost it's magic somewhat.

I guess what i am trying to say is that the behaviour of their fans kind of reflects where the city is at. I did not notice this behaviour when we played them last season & like many was kind of hoodwinked into thinking they had fantastic support by the way the jumped around & sang but the reality is, apparantly, that this merely hides a dark underbelly just like the impression given off when you visit Vienna itself!! This i feel however was crossing the line tonight & if they come to Villa Park throwing coins at our own fans as stated by some on this thread then i hope something is done about it this time.

It appears that this lot need putting in their place both on & off the pitch!?

Reo-Coker did the right thing at the end by showing them the middle finger

Flipping animals they were... couldn't beleive when they sprayed water at Weimann on the stretcher! As he's one of them

maybe he get's the joke!.. Were they actually storing the water up ALL game just so they could throw it at any passing injured opposition

players or were they on a rota to go & fill the bottles up in the toilets?!!

If Villa fans had behaved half as bad as this at VP there would have been uproar & outrage.

It really is one rule for one & one for the other.

This is what really pisses me off about fans in Europe, they get away with murder. If what we saw tonight was done by fans of an English club it would be all over the media and calls for bans from European competion, yet this is acceptable on the continent.

Spoke to loads of Rapid fans last season. In Austria, they have a very bad reputation. Police there treat them like ours treat Millwall, so tonights episodes do not suprise me, sadly.

But please refrain from labeling them all with the same tag. Most whom will be coming to VP next week will be decent, passionate supporters and not thugs.

On a night when Small heath are at home and the eyes of UEAFA on us, the last thing we need is, for some of us, to want payback.

I was absolutely disgusted with what they did to Weimann, it was a **** disgrace and even more so if they get away with it. Also take into account he supports the club, came through their academy, his family support the club and some of whom were probably there. He probably would have been there if he wasn't a professional footballer. Can you imagine how betrayed you'd feel if the club you supported your entire life did this to you?

Â