Vienna fans throwing & spraying at our youngsters

danceoftheshamen

Was somewhat disgusted with the antics of the Vienna fans tonight who were throwing & spraying our young players with goodness knows what? Guzan had a lighter thrown at him & he & Weimann (who was also taken out by the Vienna players within a few minutes of coming on) were sprayed with liquid of some kind? This was commented on by the commentators on ITV4 & the lighter was handed to the referee who stopped the game whilst he handed it in turn to the 4th official... Does this warrant a complaint from the club?

I feel this was outrageous considering it was our youngsters who "got it" & the Vienna fans & players should be ashamed of themselves & hopefully expect a nice warm Villa Park welcome in the return!

Yeah, I heard this on the radio earlier (during the five whole minutes of coverage Radio 5 gave the match) and they reported that Vienna fans were bombarding Brad Guzan with coins throughout the second half. Apparently Vienna politely asked the fans to stop throwing stuff at the Villa players over the tannoy, which was awfully nice of them.

where was the stewards/police when they started chucking liquid at Guzan. Disgusting fans, ban them all from attending the second leg (or charge them double!). And poor Weimann, he didnt deserve that from his home town folks.

it was a disgrace and the UEFA should do something bout this :angry: i dont think we should give the rapid players or fans a friendly welcome next week.

on the other hand we got a result that was decent enough to bring back to villa park was a bit dull in places but it is so frustrating watching heskey play.

That's Ultras for you.

Great result, considering the team and the performance was good for the first half hour. Great goal and looked quite comfortable until they started whipping crosses in.

Feel sorry for Weimann, hope he isn't out too long.

Â