Vienna fans throwing & spraying at our youngsters

danceoftheshamen

Some on the Wien forum are suggesting that it could well have been piss being sprayed at the villa players

Even worse if that's the case. If Villa fans EVER stooped to those levels there would be uproar!

Glad to see a few of the media outlets are quoting Guzan about the missile's been thrown. Club need to write to UEFA about this surely?

I never claimed you had good media in the UK.

A few lighters and some water, would not make it to other European papers.

Swedish fans did however make it to some papers today, after thrashing the visitors teambus.

Not the rest of Europe´s fault, that your media couldn´t care less about that.

Do you think, they deserve anything more than a fine for this?

I think that what they deserve is one thing, but what is more important is that action is seemingly taken to appease Villa fans, it might help to defuse any bad feeling before they travel to Brum... with the noses playing the same night things could get interesting to say the least next Thursday night.

I'd personally do something like say they have to keep the front 5 rows of seating empty for future matches until they can exercise some crowd control - even 10 rows directly behind the goal. That would hurt the club financially and the supporters through lack of atmosphere. It would also give them an incentive to sort it out quickly.

UEAFA will do something, and i dont think we have to make a complaint for them to do so. It will be in the referees report, and when UEAFA recieve that, they well make a judgement.

If it were English fans, there would be hell to pay, and Blatter will be on TV denouncing evrything english as the spawn of the devil. However much we know this, it does not mean anything in this episode. In fact, i bet our reaction will be watched very closely by Blatter and his cronies, so its important that all thought of revenge remains just a thought.

If you love Villa, next Thursday will be a peaceful night, though i fear some sort of incident will occur.....sadly.

Here a statement from rapid to yesterdays shameful incidents.

http://www.skrapid.at/9610+M542f87c0a35.html

The club deeply apologises Andreas Weimann, his family and Aston Villa. There will be consequences for those who are responsible for these actions. He have cameras in the stadium and when the idiots are identified, they will be banned from the pitch.

Thankyou for posting, Wiener....hopefully it helps calm peoples anger 8)

Here a statement from rapid to yesterdays shameful incidents.

http://www.skrapid.at/9610+M542f87c0a35.html

The club deeply apologises Andreas Weimann, his family and Aston Villa. There will be consequences for those who are responsible for these actions. He have cameras in the stadium and when the idiots are identified, they will be banned from the pitch.

Nice gesture and I do hope animals will be punished!

Some of you might not agree with this, but if a Rapid player happens to be taken off injured during next week's return leg, I really hope that the whole of Villa Park stands up to applaud him. For me, THAT would be the perfect riposte to the horrible stuff going on last night.

Class and dignity can't be bought, eh? I hope that we show the world that we have that. Which we know we do.

(As well as spanking their arses out of the competition, obviously!)

Did they not have a big English flag as well? Im guessing it had birmingham city or something of the like written on it.

That was Hatch's Sutton Villa flag that they nicked last year. They were lobbing stuff at us at the end of the game and we were locked in. They’re just mouth though, as they never give it the big one outside.

All the Rapid fans we met in the bars over the three days were great though and kept buying us drinks. Some of them do fancy themselves mind, but its all shape and to be honest not at all moody outside as it was last year.

I wouldn’t expect anything to be done. Our police liaison didn’t want to know when a mate of mine spoke to him about what they’d been up to with chucking things and racist chanting. Useless clearing in the woods

I don't think the fences help matters either - they help create a hostile atmosphere.

The fences make them braver. You wouldn't get the throat slitting if they thought we could hop the mesh and smash the **** out of the daft bastards.

You just had to laugh at the sad tw*ts trying their best to intimidate. Fat blokes with shirts off or beardless kids coming the hardman behind two metal fences. They didn’t say a word outside. It’s funny how several feet of steel can make them braver and idiots, because as I’ve said, the Rapid fans we met were great. We were buying each other drinks and getting on great the whole time we were there.

While NRC did give them the finger at the end after chucking his shirt into the corwd. One or two monkey noises being made and it pissed those morons off next to us a treat.

I was in the villa section and received a 2 euro coin to the head aswell as some tit throwing his watch at me !!! My Rapid friends are disgusted and embarrassed at the treated of Weimann . they have stopped going to regular games due to the twatish behaviour of the said Ultras ... knobs

Â