Rapid Vienna 1-1 Aston Villa - Reactions and ratings!

PompeyVillan

How can people moan at Heskey?

He played upfront by himself, held the ball up 8/10 with shit service, had barely anyone within 10 yards of him at any point, he did the best in tough conditions.

Talk about just having a dig at a player because of who he is.

And how many shots did he have ?

Trying not to be too simplistic here, but I will stick my neck out and say that Albrighton will probably get MOTM - so if out winger was so good - why the hell did our forward not get within 30 yards of any of his crosses !

He played upfront by himself, held the ball up 8/10 with shit service, had barely anyone within 10 yards of him at any point, he did the best in tough conditions.

Like i said i dont think he works in that formation, might be better with ash/ireland

Trying not to be too simplistic here, but I will stick my neck out and say that Albrighton will probably get MOTM - so if out winger was so good - why the hell did our forward not get within 30 yards of any of his crosses !

Probably because he's useless

Thought Bannan and Albrighton looked good again, unfortunately no-one else seemed to be on the same wavelength. Reo-Coker had a solid game alongside Hogg, Downing needs to step it up, but every aspect of the defence was shocking, as was Heskey. I think Beye (and Heskey) should never, ever, ever pull on Villa shirts again. Seriously though, Beye and Davies were shit. I'd like to see Lichaj play right back with a half decent central defensive pairing like Dunne / Collins or Clark. The problem tonight was that the back line was leaderless. Davies is a good player when he's alongside someone like Laursen or Dunne who can tell him what to do, but when you stick him alongside a Beye type player you don't have a prayer. If you then stick a youngster at full back you're asking for trouble. All is not lost though, and we should progress at VP next week.

It's interesting to note quite a few people saying how pleased they were with Bannan, I thought he did okay, but he can do a lot better than this - if you're happy with tonight, then I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised at some point.

We're not going to get away with playing that 11 players in the next round, but we got the away goal and we never lost.

They done better than I expected with the players that were on the pitch.

Play alot of the first team in the next leg and we should walk all over them.

He actually had a header blocked pretty much about 2 yards from goal which looked as if it was going in and shot wide from 25 yards.

What the hell do you expect him to do? Were you seriously expecting Heskey to recieve a ball at his head, bring it down somehow, flick it past a couple and get a shot on goal?

I'm sorry, but if you watched the game, (did you????) how many times did Albrighton get a cross in, I think he put around 3/4 crosses in for the whole match.

I can remember a couple being blocked, and the one to Bannan. Apart from that, there was absolutely no service. Not saying he would of scored, but no one would of scored tonight with that service.

Carew showed how to lead a line properly at the weekend. Heskey is no outlet at all. The ball just bounces off the clearing in the woods.

Carew showed how to lead a line properly at the weekend. Heskey is no outlet at all. The ball just bounces off the clearing in the woods.

No doubt if Heskey was upfront saturday, you'd be lambasting him for missing 3 absolute sitters.

No doubt if Heskey was upfront saturday, you'd be lambasting him for missing 3 absolute sitters.

Yes you're right. Well done.

Ther was a decent one from bannan after some good work from downing that he just didnt gamble on, the header was unlucky, the shot was poor but nothing else was on

I dont think he drew as many fouls as he usually does from euro refs which was strange (not his fault obviously) as i also said foreign teams have far more experience with shit refs than us

Last 10 minutes with fonz and weimann off him could have been good, but like most of the 2nd half it was a non event

i think he was insinuating that would have lambasted heskey, whereas you seem to have forgotten carew cocked them all up.

i think he was insinuating that would have lambasted heskey, whereas you seem to have forgotten carew cocked them all up.

The difference is, Carew actually got into great scoring positions... and the team won 3-0. You know that Carew will score goals. Heskey might as well switch to centre half.

I'm aware Carew didn't score, but apart from that, it was a masterclass in playing up front on your own. He harried, bullied, put himself about, held the ball up, took people on and made a nuisance of himself. Because it took more than one person to look after him it created space for other players. I saw nothing like that from E-Mule tonight.

edit: and I'm aware of what he was trying to say, thanks. I chose not to argue.

Don't get me wrong, if I was picking a player upfront, I'd rather have Carew.

I'm just saying, people have a go at Heskey, yet can you honestly tell me how he was meant to do much more? We got out played, we barely got the ball, the service into every single player was poor, no one got close to him, movement off the ball was poor.

He actually held quite a few things up which weren't exactly easy peices of play, he showed decent pace and did his best to involve players. I thought Carew had a good game apart his finishing vs West Ham but he also played in a side that absolutely battered it's opponents, had good quality coming into him and feeding off him, makes it an easier job.

All I feel is, 'Oh, Heskey is shit'....he could hold everything up in the game tonight and he'd still be labelled shit because simply the team was average and Heskey is the easiest scape goat.

I'm aware Carew didn't score, but apart from that, it was a masterclass in playing up front on your own. He harried, bullied, put himself about, held the ball up, took people on and made a nuisance of himself. Because it took more than one person to look after him it created space for other players. I saw nothing like that from E-Mule tonight.

edit: and I'm aware of what he was trying to say, thanks. I chose not to argue.

8)

The end of Mac's 100% record :(

Â