Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

Harry Kewl doesn't even play for us.

Damn, beat me to it!

Hope we destroy these, can't stand their inbred followers. Jawdee fuckwits.

And Andy Carroll, against Dunney or Ginger Collins? He'll shit his stripey **** knickers. Young Clark will handle him as well.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with those saying Albrighton should be 'rested' for this game (on the bench). He's been great so far, absolutely immense, and will continue to be great for us, but don't want to wear him out too soon. I'd rather want him to play Vienna and be MOTM again in that match. I'd go with experience over youth on Sunday.

Like this.

----Reo Coker----Petrov----

Downing---Ireland---Young

-----------Carew-----------

And I hope Cuellar or Collins are fit to face the aerial threat of Carroll, although that doesn't seem likely at this point.

This newcastle side are'nt going to set the Premier League alight.....Carroll or no Carroll.

NRC should get the nod after last nights effort, but not sure about resting Albrighton. Yes, we don't want him to burn out, but he's damned exciting to watch and these are the sort of games he could totally dominate.

-------------Freidel----------------

L. Young, Dunne, Clark, Warnock

Downing, NRC, Petrov, Albrighton

----- A. Young---------------------

-------------- Carew --------------

Ireland off the bench for NRC or Petrov on the hour,

Gabby or Bannan off the bench for Albrighton (with Ash moving wide)

Cuellar or Collins off the bench for Clark if needed...

2 - 0 victory

Newcastle's team will probably look a little bit like this...

The only Newcastle players who I can see scoring past us is Nolan or Barton. I don't really think Carroll is any good at all but we have looked quite dodgy at set pieces since MON left, but that could be a blip.

2-0 Villa

Downing and Carew with the goals.

Given the injury news i'd go with:

Friedel

L.Young -- Dunne -- Clark -- Warnock

Petrov --- NRC

Albrington -- Ireland -- A.Young

Carew

Clark looked better than Davies so i'd stick with him. I think Ireland will be keen to get out there are prove a point so lets set him lose on Newcastle. Albrington in better form to Downing.

Another 3-0 A.Young, Ireland, Carew

some optimistic posts on here!

im hoping we will nick it....but this is their first home game back in the premier league and they will be well up for it....for 30 mins against Man Utd they really got in their faces and i expect the same against us....

i just hope our quality will shine through so im going for 2-1

a midfield of....

------NRC-------Petrov---------

Young----Ireland--------Downing

looks really good on paper....if NRC plays it might give Petrov a bit more encouragement and freedom to do what he did against West Ham arriving late in the box

some optimistic posts on here!

im hoping we will nick it....but this is their first home game back in the premier league and they will be well up for it....for 30 mins against Man Utd they really got in their faces and i expect the same against us....

i just hope our quality will shine through so im going for 2-1

a midfield of....

------NRC-------Petrov---------

Young----Ireland--------Downing

looks really good on paper....if NRC plays it might give Petrov a bit more encouragement and freedom to do what he did against West Ham arriving late in the box

I like this set up.

albrighton would be a great player to bring on, however early in the second half not after 87mins like MON.

One of our biggest problems under MON was his misuse or non use of Subs and i dont see super Mac being like that.

3-1 victory to the villa.

1-1. Carew to equalise after Barton puts them in the league.

Important not to think this will be a walk in the park as they'll be right up for it like when Stoke turned us over two seasons ago in their first home league game.

Same 11 as last week with NRC coming in for Milner.

No reason we should be outplayed here and no reason not to start Ireland. I'll go with what other have said with the 2 defensive midfielders of Petrov and Reo-Coker.

Up at 4;30am in the morning to catch the mini-bus...

I'm on a 5 o'clock mini bus from kidderminster Warnock... is that where you're travelling from?

I can see us nicking it tomorrow 2-1 with Carew with a goal. I would like Ireland to start but I just can't see it, more likely to come off the bench!

4-0 to us is my prediction. They are going to be gunning for it considering its their first home league game and we relegated them and they are just the kind of pace lacking team that will be ripe for counter attacking rapeage IMO. Albrighton, Ireland and Young all to score and assist.

I'm on a 5 o'clock mini bus from kidderminster Warnock... is that where you're travelling from?

I can see us nicking it tomorrow 2-1 with Carew with a goal. I would like Ireland to start but I just can't see it, more likely to come off the bench!

No pal, I'm with some mates in Worcester area today although I got asked about that, d'oh! :(

How many did they get?