Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

7 hours ago, choffer said:

I'm still slightly puzzled that people are still so mad about this. I do wonder if nobody else in this thread has ever made a mistake or changed their mind about something.

Changing his mind would've been staying here...or even going to City in the first place if you count him staying in January as the first decision.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.football365.com/news/limited-kompany-another-headache-for-pep

'City’s squad is littered with those who can be loosely filed under either not good enough, no longer good often enough or won’t be good enough for much longer.

Those three groups welcome Fernandinho (31), Pablo Zabaleta (31), Martin Demichelis (35), Bacary Sagna (33), Yaya Toure (32), Fernando, Eliaquim Mangala, Gael Clichy, Fabian Delph, Aleksandar Kolarov, Jesus Navas and Wilfried Bony. Half a squad, in other words.'

Hmmm, I wonder which group D*lph fits into . . . 

Unless I'm missing someone super obvious. ..but unless they're prepared to throw 60/70+ mil at Tottenham English players....they can't really sell Delph.  Would be pointless selling him and bringing another subpar English player into the squad.  He's good enough to allow game management for other players so they can play the more important games

Edited by gharperr

3 hours ago, gharperr said:

Unless I'm missing someone super obvious. ..but unless they're prepared to throw 60/70+ mil at Tottenham English players....they can't really sell Delph.  Would be pointless selling him and bringing another subpar English player into the squad.  He's good enough to allow game management for other players so they can play the more important games

Barely. Totally went missing at the weekend in that 3-1 loss at Southampton. 

Southampton. A lot of teams worse than them in the league. If pep wants to play subpar players agaisnt southampton then  good luck to him. But doubt that will happen too much

Edited by gharperr
adult and cant even get than/then right

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He wasn't crap for us Zatman he was one of our best players. Made the England team through his performances for us. 

he averaged a goal and assist a season here

he couldnt pass, tackle, shoot or control a midfield and gave the ball away in stupid situations. Probably an upgrade on what we have now but wouldnt be that much of an upgrade

i personally didnt rate delph all that much over his time here. But there was a 6 month-1year period where he was clearly one of our best players towards the end. He was pretty awful in final third over all the years though. But the drive and getting out of tight spaces was pretty important

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

In all fairness Delph is a pretty crap football, there just happened to be a dirth of quality CM for England a year or two ago meaning Shelvey, Mason and Delph somehow all picked up caps.

Delph's athletic capabilities will always be looked upon favourably, but in terms of passing, tackling, shooting, dictacting, positioning...he is a mid table footballer at best.

Well his move to City has made his pockets bigger, but he is not going to be going to the Euros and not really getting consistent football anymore. I mean he only has 12 league appearances for City this season and they were involved in 4 competitions! I guess he just wanted more money even if it cost him his career. 

Â