Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Fabian Delph said "I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

That is the most concrete evidence we have and I believe he will keep to his word.......

• Like 1

If he goes now then I believe the club have pushed him out.

Yep. After what has been said - if this is true - and that's a very, very big if - it's because the money is needed.

It's not true though. It can't possibly be.

Oh god the excuses start again, if he goes it is on him! Why in god's name would we want to get rid of one of our best players for a paltry 8 mill, after basically receiving 32.5 mill for Benteke, after which we will have to spend and equal amount at the very least to replace them both! Come off it!

• Like 1

Fabian Delph said "I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

That is the most concrete evidence we have and I believe he will keep to his word.......

It's not like he didn't say anything similar before...

• Like 1

He's had a change of heart once, he can do so again, he'd look a right mug though. 

I've heard from a mate (Man City fan, not a bullshitter) that Benteke going and City have promised him more game time is the reason. This was just after the photo was released too. 

I'm always dubious until it is confirmed by the club but this would be incredibly disheartening.  

Â