Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Interesting to see how the club respond to this. Did they genuinely believe was staying when they posted that statement?

A lot of assumption that this is all the players doing.

Perhaps we had to come up with £8million from somewhere?

BBC chappie said that Delph informed Lerner on Thursday that he was leaving, which would suggest it was player driven.

• Like 1

I can't think of a player who has **** their own fans over as much as this.  What an absolute word removed of a guy.

He really is scum

I can't wait for his press conference when he's unveiled at city i hope the media ask him all the awkward questions but i don't think they will

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Lets all enjoy November 21st when Liverpool play City, 2 players (could be anyone so wont mention any names) challenge for a 50/50 ball thenn OOPS.... 4 broken legs!  :rolleyes:

I don't begrudge Benteke at all for leaving. He deserves to be playing for a better team, will bring us in £30 million and hasn't spouted any of this bullsh*t false loyalty. 

• Like 1

Wow.

I'm not really that bothered from a footballing perspective, he's was a pretty good player for us but he's very replaceable, but what a complete and total word removed.

The polite thing to do when you're going to leave is to keep your **** mouth shut. If he'd done that, nobody could really blame him.

To come up with “I’m not leaving. I’m staying at the football club and I can’t wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.” and then leaving a week later is the single worst example of football disloyalty I can think of. What an absolute slap in the face to everyone at the club and the fans.

• Like 1

I said this on our forum but if I was a Villa fan I'd be absolutely outright fuming at whoever's decision it was to stick a £8m clause in there during a time where we were looking at James McCarthy for potentially £25m or Barkley for potentially £40m. He's singlehandedly cost you probably £10m-£15m which is just negligent

Only it isn't given that if he hadn't signed it you could have signed him on a Bosman this summer already.

Getting him to sign the deal has earned us £8m not cost us £10m-£15m.

So its like you say, only completely the opposite.

Would he not have signed at £9m? What about £8.5m?

And if he's earnt you £8m then it's handshakes all round, job well done and thanks for the memories Delph isn't it? He's done you a favour here by signing that deal and letting himself be bought for £8m rather than walking for free like Milner did for us (to a potential rival, who we congratulated, thanked him for his time and put up nice videos of him on the OS).

If that is, he's earnt you £8m as you say

You're so much better than us as a club and fanbase.

so gracious for your kind way of treating Milner after it being obvious all year that he would leave for free and go to another big club and being professional and quiet about it.

Delph meanwhile has gone out of his way to outright declare his loyalty to the club in February after negotiating a buy out clause, has then had serious thoughts of leaving. Has released another "I'm committed to villa" statement before swanning off anyway.

I don't think anyone begrudges him playing at a higher level if he gets game time. Or begrudges him moving on after he could have gone for free. Noone had an issue with man city till you came and got peoples backs up.

The issue is he's shown himself now to be a complete tool and a lieing clearing in the woods

Losing delph is worse than benteke in my book.  We can positively re-invest the benteke money and restrengthen...we can't strengthen our team with £8m and delph missing from it.

11 July 2015

I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.

Only way this sporting day could get any worse, is if Fabian Delph turned up at Lords, put on a baggy green cap, and took 6 wickets for Australia.

See my day probably couldn't have been much worse, spent all morning at the hospital having a cast fitted for a ruptured achilles, came back hoping the cricket would cheer me up which it absolutely frickin hasn't and now this, wtf?!?!

• Like 1

11 July 2015

I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club.

hasnt even been a week!

• Like 1

Â