Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I said this on our forum but if I was a Villa fan I'd be absolutely outright fuming at whoever's decision it was to stick a £8m clause in there during a time where we were looking at James McCarthy for potentially £25m or Barkley for potentially £40m. He's singlehandedly cost you probably £10m-£15m which is just negligent

Only it isn't given that if he hadn't signed it you could have signed him on a Bosman this summer already.

Getting him to sign the deal has earned us £8m not cost us £10m-£15m.

So its like you say, only completely the opposite.

Would he not have signed at £9m? What about £8.5m?

And if he's earnt you £8m then it's handshakes all round, job well done and thanks for the memories Delph isn't it? He's done you a favour here by signing that deal and letting himself be bought for £8m rather than walking for free like Milner did for us (to a potential rival, who we congratulated, thanked him for his time and put up nice videos of him on the OS).

If that is, he's earnt you £8m as you say

Even if it is better than nothing, it's difficult to be pleased that we've earnt £8 million when reports suggest he was signed for between £6-8 million.

Edited by Chap of Steel

however much a word removed this word removed is - I just hope there are no stupid twitter threats against him or his family....

Me too. That's childish small time nonsense. The lad has just be seduced by money, and a truck load of it at that.

well... sure, he might win something, but itll be from warming the bench.

does he not realise that man city only want him to meet the quota of english players? surely he realises that the foreign players will get priority?

You don't see this as a larger problem that city, while of course not alone, has exacerbated? You have poached our captain for nothing. And it is because of money (not just the money he will get but the money that buys trophies. And yes, money is the single biggest factor of success in this league).

Money was the single biggest factor of success in the league a long, long time before we were taken over or even Chelsea. It's no coincidence that a "Big Four" has developed over the last 30 years, because as your rightly point out, if your best player has a chance to join a title winning team which one will he join? And if two teams come up against each other and one has the vastly superior team, then who is more likely to win? And winning gives you more money than taking part.

Vicious cycle and little to do with us in terms of causation.

I think we're taking advantage of it but after sat there watching our Academy lads be sold out for richer clubs for quite a few years then my acceptance that this is a City based problem isn't exactly high.

I said this on our forum but if I was a Villa fan I'd be absolutely outright fuming at whoever's decision it was to stick a £8m clause in there during a time where we were looking at James McCarthy for potentially £25m or Barkley for potentially £40m. He's singlehandedly cost you probably £10m-£15m which is just negligent

Only it isn't given that if he hadn't signed it you could have signed him on a Bosman this summer already.

Getting him to sign the deal has earned us £8m not cost us £10m-£15m.

So its like you say, only completely the opposite.

Would he not have signed at £9m? What about £8.5m?

And if he's earnt you £8m then it's handshakes all round, job well done and thanks for the memories Delph isn't it? He's done you a favour here by signing that deal and letting himself be bought for £8m rather than walking for free like Milner did for us (to a potential rival, who we congratulated, thanked him for his time and put up nice videos of him on the OS).

If that is, he's earnt you £8m as you say

I'm sure the club would have tried to get the clause as high as possible. Delph is the only reason it is so low.

• Like 1

Richards and Barry literally played almost every game in the first title winning season. One was injured and the other didn't even play for us any more in the second. Milner played more games for City than he did for Villa and regularly topped 35+ and then 45+ games.

Not sure your experience playing for your local cricket team is really that comparable to being a world class athlete playing in one of the best leagues in the world in probably the most competitive sport on the planet.

Do you see Delph getting anywhere near that much playing time?

He's a decent player, and certainly good for us, but I can't see him being first choice at Man City. He's no Jimmy Milner.

I think in a 60 game season then he can hope for 30 appearances or so. We do opften lack a bit of energy in midfield and even Lampard could get that for us last year despite being pretty terrible past Novemberish. We're weak in the centre mid spots so he has as good a chance as any.

It's a bit like John O'Shea at United. Did he expect to play every game? No probably not but it was more fulfilling to be part of a medium sized part of a winning squad that collects medals than a big part of a squad that doesn't.

Again, I'll ask: is what is happening here (as a microcosm) good for football?

My response to this would be: "No".

However, equally, there were a vast, vast number of fans on here wanting a hugely rich owner to come in and spend loads on Aston Villa when the takeover rumours were flying around.

It's always good if you're at the top.

To take our minds of it, we can get some consolation in how well we're doing in the cricket...oh wait.

Just did the same....it's coming from all angles at the moment.....Good performance against Sporting Braga hopefully, but hot holding out much hope the ways things have gone today

Edited by Gary Thomas

I hope he Does now catches his cock in his flies ... (Thanks to original poster on this one)

However added to this if like to add that I also hope that during the op to remove his member from his jeans a wild goose runs up from the corridor and swiftly tears his balls off using his beak,in agony Delph managed to get away from the goose and stumbles into the room next door ,falls forward and lands face first on a upwards turned garden rake.

He lifts his his now blinded head to suddenly feel something firm enter him from behind ?

He hears a doctor shout from behind "RAPE!, someone help me remove this wildly horny loose donkey that just so happened to passing"

Delph slowly crawls forward and his head collapses on the unbend below the sink ......

• Like 1

I think Delph is an absolute word removed but I also think it's fair to say that this isn't about money. If it was common in this country then I'd imagine there would be countless villa fans jumping ship right now with the state of our club.

It was all looking so promising and now it's all collapsing in around us. Delph staying, Gueye joining, exciting links, no news on Benteke.

Then today happened.

For crying out loud Delph, what the hell has been going through your mind. I don't care about your heavily pregnant wife keeping you up at night and acting bizarre, it shouldn't rub off on you.

however much a word removed this word removed is - I just hope there are no stupid twitter threats against him or his family....

I agree, no harm should come to damocles

• Like 2

Interesting to see how the club respond to this. Did they genuinely believe was staying when they posted that statement?

A lot of assumption that this is all the players doing.

Perhaps we had to come up with £8million from somewhere?

Interesting to see how the club respond to this. Did they genuinely believe was staying when they posted that statement?

Look at the two videos i posted above from Sherwood and Gabby

I'm sure they will convinced he was staying unless they really wanted to look like complete and utter mugs

Edited by AshVilla

This home-grown player rule really is a farce

Like pretty much every other rule they've introduced to try and improve the premier league and the state of the national team, even the decision to give league medals after 6 sub appearances now...

Delph going off to start 15 games and make another 15 sub appearances next season followed by either not making the euros team (who am I kidding Roy picks any English player at a top 4 club regardless of appearances or form) or underperforming at the euros, must be those pesky foreigners fault

Interesting to see how the club respond to this. Did they genuinely believe was staying when they posted that statement?

I think they would have to be honest. There's no way they would let him come out with that statement if they didn't.

I'm sure they and he did. Then City offered him his weight in gold bullion as a signing bonus.

To give the loyalty speech and leave is one thing. To then say he's staying and then leave is just unbelievable.

I don't care about looking petty, to do this is just twatish

How could you look petty? Its one of the most disloyal things i've seen in football.

Imagine the amount of kids who've just had Delph put on the back of their Villa shirts.

Â