Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

The anger today is not because we are losing a good player, but because if this is true (which it looks like it is), he's shown himself to be a real scumbag. There was no need for him to make a statement last week, he's made a massive error by doing that if he wasn't 100% certain that he was going to stay.

I think that at that point for whatever reason when he backed out then he was dead set on being a Villan player so let your communications team print those words. Now they lookl to haunt him but if his career is to take the direction that he hopes then you'd imagine time will forget it.

On your other point, he's probably not good enough play against a firing on all cylinders Barca. But he probably IS good enough to play against 16 of the 20 teams in the PL with no problem at all which will allow other players to rest for the Barcas rather than 2 games in 5 days. And if he performs well enough then he can earn his spot in the first team. The idea that he's never going to play when we've got Lampard getting 30 games for us last year is a little unrealistic.

I said this on our forum but if I was a Villa fan I'd be absolutely outright fuming at whoever's decision it was to stick a £8m clause in there during a time where we were looking at James McCarthy for potentially £25m or Barkley for potentially £40m. He's singlehandedly cost you probably £10m-£15m which is just negligent

As I said on the Benteke thread there is no loyalty in football and I get that. Most sides have maybe one player who plays for the badge, unfortunately ours is Gabby. On that basis why should a bloke from Leeds show us any loyalty when offered much more money? Added to that we are hardly a great draw as a club these days so it's hardly surprising we struggle to keep our best player. Overall you can't blame him for wanting better.

Having said all that why all the bullshit and lies Fabian? At least Benteke has the good grace to keep his mouth shut.

The false assurances are what are this particularly galling. But the larger point about loyalty...I don't know... Should we not expect some? Wouldn't the game be better and far more competitive with it, and thusly be a far better product? The stunning lack of parity (as exemplified here) is just pathetic. Imagine a bpl where any of 20 teams could win it each year. (I know it's not possible)

Again, I'll ask: is what is happening here (as a microcosm) good for football?

Here what? As in the Delph transfer? I think it will have no impact at all on the overall health of football.

You don't see this as a larger problem that city, while of course not alone, has exacerbated? You have poached our captain for nothing. And it is because of money (not just the money he will get but the money that buys trophies. And yes, money is the single biggest factor of success in this league).

I said this on our forum but if I was a Villa fan I'd be absolutely outright fuming at whoever's decision it was to stick a £8m clause in there during a time where we were looking at James McCarthy for potentially £25m or Barkley for potentially £40m. He's singlehandedly cost you probably £10m-£15m which is just negligent

Only it isn't given that if he hadn't signed it you could have signed him on a Bosman this summer already.

Getting him to sign the deal has earned us £8m not cost us £10m-£15m.

So its like you say, only completely the opposite.

Would he not have signed at £9m? What about £8.5m?

And if he's earnt you £8m then it's handshakes all round, job well done and thanks for the memories Delph isn't it? He's done you a favour here by signing that deal and letting himself be bought for £8m rather than walking for free like Milner did for us (to a potential rival, who we congratulated, thanked him for his time and put up nice videos of him on the OS).

If that is, he's earnt you £8m as you say

One thing this teaches me.

1. I might not get on with allonhere, but I'd back every single one of you on here, as my fellow fans you are awesome.
  2. Villa till I die.
  3. Delph isn't irreplaceable. Too many flaws, loses possession easily, hasn't got a final ball, doesn't score or assist enough.
  4. I'd hate to have a takeover like City and for our fans to end up like this knob.
  • Like 2

Only it isn't given that if he hadn't signed it you could have signed him on a Bosman this summer already.

And if he's earnt you £8m then it's handshakes all round, job well done and thanks for the memories Delph isn't it? He's done you a favour here by signing that deal and letting himself be bought for £8m rather than walking for free like Milner did for us (to a potential rival, who we congratulated, thanked him for his time and put up nice videos of him on the OS).

What's the point in being here Damocles, sure you can as you said "see the reaction of Villa fans", but you surely must know you are winding people up! smh

I actually thought people were being a little harsh to you, but if you can't see the difference between how both players handled themselves before leaving then you truly are just posting to get a rise out of people.

• Like 1

Perhaps, but then it would have cost us £0.5m or £1m wouldn't it not the £10-£15m you were blathering on about a moment ago.

You clearing didn't have a bloody clue what you were talking about.

And no, he hasn't earnt us £8m given we paid £6m for him.

Your grasp of football knowledge and maths seem to be on par.

• Like 1

Â