Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Don't worry lads, I remember this one time when it looked like one of our players was about to leave for Man City but he made a massive U-turn at the 11th hour... Oh **** that was Delph again wasn't it word removed

• Like 1

Did you spend your time seeking out fans of other clubs to rub their noses in it back then as well?

Let's get something straight off the bat here - I came here to read the reactions of Villa fans and posted to point out that P3te's "this is 100% fake" post was laughable and that the deal was happening. Then I responded to several members including yourself had a pop at me for apparent trolling (despite what I said was going to happen is now literally happening) and the club that I support in an unfair way, I'd expect no different from you or anybody else on our forum.

I'm not trying to rub anybody's noses in it, with the possible exception of the Graphic Designer who was clutching at straws harder than a pissed up Tarzan, and have spent most of my time responding in kind. I have no problem with this at all and can take it as well as I can give it, but almost every post here including this one has been in reply to an insult from other people.

Why don't you go back and see who started this little conversation between you and I?

You want to wallow in self-pity and blame the ills of the entire world on Man City then that's absolutely fine, but don't then suggest that it's anything but this

He is/was one of our better players, but we have been shite for 5 seasons. He is/was the main player in one of the worst Aston Villa midfield I can ever remember.

The fact that last week the reaction of many Villa fans was "ok, lets get someone else instead" rather than being gutted should say a hell of alot.

The anger today is not because we are losing a good player, but because if this is true (which it looks like it is), he's shown himself to be a real scumbag. There was no need for him to make a statement last week, he's made a massive error by doing that if he wasn't 100% certain that he was going to stay.

I'm sure he will play games for you, but you will soon realise that he's not good enough to be in your first team. He's not good enough to play against Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid etc. he has struggled at times to help us beat lower league opposition in the domestic cups.

If I can compare this to Milner - when he left, Villa fans were 100% united in their disappointment, he is a class act and a fantasitc player. Delph isn't there yet, but who's to say he won't improve. Don't expect miracles from him, he's not THAT good.

• Like 1

Richards and Barry literally played almost every game in the first title winning season. One was injured and the other didn't even play for us any more in the second. Milner played more games for City than he did for Villa and regularly topped 35+ and then 45+ games.

Not sure your experience playing for your local cricket team is really that comparable to being a world class athlete playing in one of the best leagues in the world in probably the most competitive sport on the planet.

Do you see Delph getting anywhere near that much playing time?

He's a decent player, and certainly good for us, but I can't see him being first choice at Man City.  He's no Jimmy Milner.

I think in a 60 game season then he can hope for 30 appearances or so. We do opften lack a bit of energy in midfield and even Lampard could get that for us last year despite being pretty terrible past Novemberish. We're weak in the centre mid spots so he has as good a chance as any.

It's a bit like John O'Shea at United. Did he expect to play every game? No probably not but it was more fulfilling to be part of a medium sized part of a winning squad that collects medals than a big part of a squad that doesn't.

• Like 1

What a complete word removed! He will get roundly and deservedly booed on his return to villa park!

What, when he comes on handing out drinks bottles to his team mates who are actually playing?

Never really wish ill on people but the manner in which this is has been handled by him, I hope he doesn't get played and loses his England berth (although Woy will pick purely because he plays for Citeh now)

• Like 1

What a complete word removed! He will get roundly and deservedly booed on his return to villa park!

What, when he comes on handing out drinks bottles to his team mates who are actually playing?

Never really wish ill on people but the manner in which this is has been handled by him, I hope he doesn't get played and loses his England berth (although Woy will pick purely because he plays for Citeh now)

Fabian Delph the water boy - thats some quality H20....

Richards and Barry literally played almost every game in the first title winning season. One was injured and the other didn't even play for us any more in the second. Milner played more games for City than he did for Villa and regularly topped 35+ and then 45+ games.

Not sure your experience playing for your local cricket team is really that comparable to being a world class athlete playing in one of the best leagues in the world in probably the most competitive sport on the planet.

Do you see Delph getting anywhere near that much playing time?

He's a decent player, and certainly good for us, but I can't see him being first choice at Man City. He's no Jimmy Milner.

I think in a 60 game season then he can hope for 30 appearances or so. We do opften lack a bit of energy in midfield and even Lampard could get that for us last year despite being pretty terrible past Novemberish. We're weak in the centre mid spots so he has as good a chance as any.

It's a bit like John O'Shea at United. Did he expect to play every game? No probably not but it was more fulfilling to be part of a medium sized part of a winning squad that collects medals than a big part of a squad that doesn't.

Again, I'll ask: is what is happening here (as a microcosm) good for football?

As I said on the Benteke thread there is no loyalty in football and I get that. Most sides have maybe one player who plays for the badge, unfortunately ours is Gabby. On that basis why should a bloke from Leeds show us any loyalty when offered much more money? Added to that we are hardly a great draw as a club these days so it's hardly surprising we struggle to keep our best player. Overall you can't blame him for wanting better.

Having said all that why all the bullshit and lies Fabian? At least Benteke has the good grace to keep his mouth shut.

It's been almost exactly a week so I might as well just post this again.

I was there for his debut. A pre-season friendly against Fiorentina on a lovely sunny afternoon. I think Heskey got the winner for us that day.

I brought a girl who'd never been to a football match never mind not been to VP before. She asked why he got a big cheer when his name was announced. I explained that he had just signed for us.

She moved to Scotland, and I moved to the US a year or two later. I've only seen her a handful of times since.

Anyway, Fabian Delph is a prick.

• Like 1

To take our minds of it, we can get some consolation in how well we're doing in the cricket...oh wait.

I'm half English and half Australian so I support whoever is winning...it's a nice feeling, not exciting or anything, but nice, I can see why people support the likes of Man City

Â