Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

If a player is out so long they usually dont come back the same type of player like Eduardo even though it was different type of injury

Complete tripe.

For every one player that doesn't come back as strong as they were there are three that do.

It's more rare for a player to not recover fully, Eduardo is the prime example but his problem, IMO, is psycholgical more than physical.

He basically seemed to me to be scared of getting hurt.

This. I broke my ankle standing on a ball to stop it, since then my brain literally stops me from controlling the ball like that. Recovery from a break, or an impact injury is tougher physchologically than anything else.

Man up :winkold:

the good thing (if you can call it that) about delph is that we dont desperately need him back so we can afford to give him as much time as he needs before trying to play again. obviously it will be great to have him back in contention to play but as things stand we do have fairly good cover in the middle of the park.

You sure???? :shock:

We have NRC and Petrov as the midfield two and Ireland to play beyond them. And the alternatives if we get a few injuries there. Sidwell, Salifou and Osbourne. Say no more.

I don't see Ireland playing alongside Petrov in a 4-4-2 as that would waste his attacking game, Kevin Mac alluded to that in his interview today so we will need NRC in alongside Stan in the short term.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully good. Can't wait to see him back. Will fit in really well I think with what Houllier is trying to do. Gary McAllister will know him well won't he? Or am I getting him confused with someone else, he did work at Leeds didn't he?

I doubt we'll see him much before the end of the season, hopefully if he can play a couple games towards the end of the season though, just to re-sure us he's okay and fine going into next pre-season.

Hopefully good. Can't wait to see him back. Will fit in really well I think with what Houllier is trying to do. Gary McAllister will know him well won't he? Or am I getting him confused with someone else, he did work at Leeds didn't he?

I doubt we'll see him much before the end of the season, hopefully if he can play a couple games towards the end of the season though, just to re-sure us he's okay and fine going into next pre-season.

Wiki says he managed Leeds in 2008, so he'll be aware of Delph, no doubt.

Thought so.

Seems good news, quick search brings this up:

"I've had a good manager behind me - Gary McAllister, who basically taught me everything," he told Sky Sports News

"I was basically in his office twice a week.

"He was just saying how I can improve, what I need to do, what he thinks of me and just put an arm around me basically."

McAllister also gave Delph a 4 year contract at the club so that's good. I'm sure a friendly face will only lift Delph and helps his chances of breaking through.

I'm really excited about the prospect of Delph. Looks like the combative, box-to-box mid we need a la Milner. Hopefully he fully recovers from his injury!

Will be a very good player IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
Fabian Delph has been advised to slow down his training work - because Aston Villa’s medical staff feared he was recovering too quickly from major knee surgery.

The 18-year-old midfield starlet, who damaged cruciate ligaments in his left knee in a training accident in April, had got back into training a month ahead of schedule and was even doing some ball work.

But he has been warned not to put too much stress too quickly on the joint and to focus on his original target date for a return in January.

Delph, a £6million signing from Leeds 15 months ago, said: “Everything has been going really well and the physios, doctor and surgeon have been brilliant with me.

“I’m just looking forward to getting back on the pitch and playing again early in the New Year.”

http://tinyurl.com/2vlk6tc

Â