Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

At the old players xmas bash yesterday Sid wouldn't get drawn on transfers but what he did say is this will be the most significant signing we get in January . He is so highly rated it almost worries me there is too much on his shoulders but that's how much the coaches think of this bloke .

At the old players xmas bash yesterday Sid wouldn't get drawn on transfers but what he did say is this will be the most significant signing we get in January . He is so highly rated it almost worries me there is too much on his shoulders but that's how much the coaches think of this bloke .
Just like a new signing, fantastic

I can see why they think that from what I have seen of him.

I think he is almost bound to be the most significant signing in a sense because he will be playing in the key position for me i.e. what the Americans would term the "quarterback role". We wouldn't want to go out and spend big money on that position with Fabian coming through - this wouldn't make sense for me as it would block him and he would then look to move on. So, if he comes in and can make that pivotal CM role his own, then he will be at the heart of everything we do, both offensively and defensively. That is why I think it is so important to get him back.

If he can get back to the level he was at before the injury I don't doubt that from what I saw of him in a short period. He will get a lot better hopefully.

I think GH's style of passing will suit his game and he will be able to stamp himself on a game. I saw Delph play against Fiorentina and Brighton and in both games, we played more passing rather than direct and he looked very good indeed. Plus his goal against Brighton was a quality run in beyond the front man and finish.

I think GH's style of passing will suit his game and he will be able to stamp himself on a game. I saw Delph play against Fiorentina and Brighton and in both games, we played more passing rather than direct and he looked very good indeed. Plus his goal against Brighton was a quality run in beyond the front man and finish.

I was at the Brighton game and he was our best player (Albrighton came off early though unfortunately). His goal was great and he should have had about 3 if I remember correctly.

What I remember most about watching him was that he dawdled in possession a little, mainly due to the other players not getting into positions to pass to, but even when someone tried to nick the ball away from him, it was like the ball was glued to his feet. He kept possession brilliantly.

I really hope he gets a run of games and he stops injuring himself, he will be a great asset.

Him, I hope that's just Sid's thinking in to how much he rates Delph rather than what we'll do regarding transfers as he's still a relatively unproven prem player coming back from a serious injury!

Sorry to ask MM, and I know MON has gone now, but I seem to remember him mentioning that Delph needs to learn to tackle properly to avoid injuring himself. Are the coaches aware of this and have they said anything to him about his tackling or general play that you know of?

just heard a rumour that delph is on the bench for the spurs game!i have a feeling they are trying to rush him back which seems like good news for him but in the long run wont be!jimmy bullard done the same thing rushed back then ruptured his cruciate again to pretty much miss another whole season!football is a business i suppose and the manager just wants his best players back and doesnt worry about the players well bein

football is a business i suppose and the manager just wants his best players back and doesnt worry about the players well bein

Because football is a business is exactly why he will worry about his wellbeing. The last thing anyone wants is him to be out for longer.

None of us know how Delph is doing other than what we hear - we'll have to just trust the manager/staff's experience and Delph's own feeling.

football is a business i suppose and the manager just wants his best players back and doesnt worry about the players well bein

Because football is a business is exactly why he will worry about his wellbeing. The last thing anyone wants is him to be out for longer.

None of us know how Delph is doing other than what we hear - we'll have to just trust the manager/staff's experience and Delph's own feeling.

How has he suddenly become one of our "best players"? The guy has played a handful of PL games and had mixed reviews at best. I'm looking forward to having him back, but I can't understand why people are pining so much hope on him for this season.

How has he suddenly become one of our "best players"? The guy has played a handful of PL games and had mixed reviews at best. I'm looking forward to having him back, but I can't understand why people are pining so much hope on him for this season.

I don't think he has had mixed reviews at best at all, aside from one game where he was taken off at half time as he was ill, he has been the best player on the pitch in most games he has played.

He is widely touted as one of the most talented youngsters in the country and I think he will be brilliant for us.

Â