Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Not to discredit Fabian as he's unquestionably been our player of the season but that goal is just an instinctive flick anybody on here could have scored it.

People say if Messi, Suarez etc would have scored it the press would have been creaming themselves are true but those guys do it week in, week out.

Not sure he's good enough for International level yet. That said most of our national team aren't what you'd call top international players. 

He just needs to keep improving. Seems a good lad and him coming good after all these years is quite a story for the club and the man himself.

There's no way you're not trolling here.

Edited by Mantis

Anybody who's played the game will know that skill isn't difficult at all. If the ball is behind you it's just instinctive you do that. Compared to Benteke's overhead for example that was just self-made magic that only a few would even try let alone pull it off.

I will add it was very insulting to ask "did he mean to do it"? What a daft question. "No I accidentally maneuvered my legs that way"

The cross was a poor one but a good one to pull off a goal like that. 

Edited by supernova26

Not to discredit Fabian as he's unquestionably been our player of the season but that goal is just an instinctive flick anybody on here could have scored it.

People say if Messi, Suarez etc would have scored it the press would have been creaming themselves are true but those guys do it week in, week out.

Not sure he's good enough for International level yet. That said most of our national team aren't what you'd call top international players.

He just needs to keep improving. Seems a good lad and him coming good after all these years is quite a story for the club and the man himself.

Please tell me you're not being serious?

How many of us get on Delph's back when he tries something cute and loses the ball? On Saturday he tried it and lost it several times, but it didn't phase him. He tried it again and won us the game. When you've got a player like Fabian Delph you've got to cut him some slack. We need to have the same kind of confidence in him, that he obviously has in himself.

• Like 1

But which English midfielders besides Carrick, Gerrard, Wilshere and Henderson deserve to be called up ahead of him?

I'm not convinced that Michael Carrick is invaluable to the fortunes of the England team. 

Â