Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I've given up on Fonz. I don't even think it'll change if he scores 15-20 in the Championship this season. He's been a lucky boy so far with his contract at Villa. He's a striker that will forever be on loan if he stays with us. He has the pace to get past the cloggers in a Championship defence but he hasn't got the know-how to play against Prem DF's

Time is also running out for Gabby aswell.

id sell him even if he got 30 goals down there. he has for me always been rubbish.

But surely if he scores 30 goals that would suggest that he isn't rubbish? :?

I've been disappointed with his progress at VP thus far but I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season when he's had a proper run of games at first team level. So far he's not been afforded that in his career.

A few weeks ago many were clamouring for Peter Whittingham to return to VP and he's another who is "unproven" at Premier League level.

id sell him even if he got 30 goals down there. he has for me always been rubbish.

I've been disappointed with his progress at VP thus far but I'll reserve judgment until the end of the season when he's had a proper run of games at first team level. So far he's not been afforded that in his career.

A few weeks ago many were clamouring for Peter Whittingham to return to VP and he's another who is "unproven" at Premier League level.

I agree, with hopefully a good run of games in a team, he'll get some goals and some confidence. Hopefully he'll come back a better player for the experience. If he does then fantastic news, if not then move him on. This is his season to prove himself, and he has to take it.

He has been sent out by Lambert to help him develop, don't be so quick to write him off.

His record as a youth player was very good and I agree he hasn't really ever shown what would be needed to be Villa's main striker but if it's in there a stint at a club like Blackpool will help bring it out.

It's win-win for us, if he performs well and Lambert decides to keep him then great but if he doesn't then Lambert will cut him and we move on.

I am with the Robster...

I remember delboy scoring a very good goal in the prem, I remember him running at the chelsea back line when they could defend and scaring the shite out of them. I see potential to be a quality stirker. His problem however has always been belief. There is nothing wrong with his attitude, he just need more self belief.

If he bang in the goals this season for Blackpool I am sure the self belief will start flowing. 2 goals and an assist, could've had a hattrick if they let him take the penalty., thats a fine start! Also from what I have heard his link up play with Tom Ince is what caused all the problems! Seems like he and Ince are striking up a good understanding.

I remember Weiman going on loan to Watford he scored 1 goal! Delboy's already surpassed that! However Weimann's loan was short term for 2 or 3 months. It just not enough time to make an impression! And thats all the time Delboy has had when on loan before now.

Iremember he was given 4 game on the trott under houillier because of injury (his longest run of games), in the last of those he scored one, looked a real threat after scoring and looked like he was starting to grow into it, but then Gabby returned to fitness and he was out of the team!

I reckon he could still go either way! Be an excellent striker or lower league averagness.

People talking about Bowery have never seen him play, he cost 500K he is one of those low risk punts, based on having outstanding physical abilities. Weimann is also unproven as well as Benteke, let just see whats happenned come the end of the season, and forget these stupid write off comments.

Nathan is quick, he's big enough and he'll get bigger, he's got good technique and he's quite a smart player - what he lacks is a bit of nastiness, a bit of aggression. Most good strikers have this, that bit of explosiveness, a snarl, a touch of grrr. Shearers elbows, Henry's sneer, Hughes and his big arse, Bergkamp's flailing arms, Drogba's rolling around, Ian Wrights entire career - Nathan needs some nasty. If he can find that in Blackpool then he's well worth having back.

In a years time, we don't know where Bent's commitment, Weimann's development,, Gabby's body, Bowery's potential or Benteke's settling in will have left us. We look good on paper today, but I'm not sure how stable that picture is. I don't think we're quite yet in a position to start jettisoning a 21 year old with some potential.

Ashley Young was told by Watford he wasnt good enough when he was 16, at 21 the age the Fonz is now he hadm't even played for the Watford first time

young made his first team debut at 18 for watford, and had played 98 games before he left. he was 21 when we signed him

just watched the blackpool v huddersfield game and thought i would give a fonz update.

he had a full 90 mins and did pretty much nothing. it was a poor game for blackpool but he just couldnt control the ball and if he didnt have the ball he would just jog around and not try and win the ball back. i to believe he has found his level.

Â