Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

The thing is - if he goes and smashes in 15 goals this season in the championship. We benefit from it.

That being he comes back to Villa and is on top form

Or his price goes up and we sell him for a good price and invest elsewhere.

Win win for Villa.

Pity we had to loan him to help out the clearing in the woods who said we were:

' a half arsed place that used to be famous'

Can't stand 'rent a gob' Holloway!

The fact that we have done what we have by loaning The fonz to them after his derogatory comments

"shows just how big the club is"

its just about the perfect response.

Bit OT, but can someone please explain the term - 'clearing in the woods' - to me? What does it mean? How is this an insult?

Seen a few people use it on VT but not exactly sure what it means.

Don't think I've ever heard it being used here ;)

Bit OT, but can someone please explain the term - 'clearing in the woods' - to me? What does it mean? How is this an insult?

think it means when someone types word "T W A T" it filters it to 'clearing in the woods'

Good news regarding the Fonz's performance for Blackpool. I hope he can build on this and have a really strong season for Blackpool, and come back to Villa ready to challenge for a first team spot. He really needs to net about 20 goals this season if he can.

I think this is do or die time for Delfouneso now, he needs to start turning that potential into reality, otherwise he'll just drop down the leagues like a lot of the other youth players over the years. I wonder why a few more of our youngsters didn't have season long loans over the years, the Championship is a definite step up from reserve team football, and is what all of the top teams have done over the years. Have our players not been wanted by these teams, or have we blocked potential loan moves prefering short term loans?

think it means when someone types word "T W A T" it filters it to 'clearing in the woods'

A clearing in the woods is the Old English definition of the word t w a t

I think he could get 20+ this season for them with the brand of football they play (Ince has 6 already). Ideally I'd have him back next year with Ince coming as well as I have my doubts about Weiman long term. Hope he keeps it up, as some one said a few pages back win / win really for us. I think a few more should go out on loan as well, surely Carruthers is better off playing week in week out with a decent Championsip team than playing U21s here.

I think he could get 20+ this season for them with the brand of football they play (Ince has 6 already). Ideally I'd have him back next year with Ince coming as well as I have my doubts about Weiman long term. Hope he keeps it up, as some one said a few pages back win / win really for us. I think a few more should go out on loan as well, surely Carruthers is better off playing week in week out with a decent Championsip team than playing U21s here.

Carruthers and Johnson would definitely benefit from a loan to a championship. I can only think that Lambert feels that the Next Gen Series will be benefital for their development and that's why Johnson hasn't gone out yet (I believe that Carruthers was/is injured). That is of course unless no one wants them

In fairness to him, he's never had an extended run in the team, and he has never really come on since he first appeared on the scene. Let's see what he can do with a good run in a team, allbeit in a lower division. He's got to be hoping for at least 15+ goals now, hopefully he bangs in a few hatricks and if Rhodes is worth £8mil we can get some silly money for him.

Â