Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I voted in the Dutch local elections last night.

I now have duel citizenship with UK/NL and this was the 1st time I received a Voting card for the local election and the referendum thing on User Data use.

Anyway,  it might me happy for some reason,  and I got a little chocolate egg from them and well.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not a clue how true the leak is, i honestly couldnt care less...carly booths leaked whatsapp conversation with anthony joshua

mother of god

Wasn't that a year ago already?

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not a clue how true the leak is, i honestly couldnt care less...carly booths leaked whatsapp conversation with anthony joshua

mother of god

Wonder if it happened. 

Plenty of leaked photos of Booth as well

Had a meeting around the Birmingham Financial District today... what a great part of the city! Love all the old buildings and all the bars and pubs round there. 

i've always fancied living around there. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Put in a word for @Ingram85 then! 

"There's this bloke I know. Well, I say know, I actually interact with him on a football based internet forum. Anyway, he says wants to sling it up you, so is it cool to pass your number on to him?"

Oh my God, Ingram is well in there!

• Haha 2

Just now, dAVe80 said:

"There's this bloke I know. Well, I say know, I actually interact with him on a football based internet forum. Anyway, he says wants to sling it up you, so is it cool to pass your number on to him?"

Oh my God, Ingram is well in there!

You've got to start somewhere! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a meeting around the Birmingham Financial District today... what a great part of the city! Love all the old buildings and all the bars and pubs round there. 

i've always fancied living around there. 

The ivy opens next month too, the much hyped restaurant scene has started to a decent boozer scene around there too, good variance too between proper pubs and swanky bars, couple of the cocktail bars are a ball ache to get served 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The ivy opens next month too, the much hyped restaurant scene has started to a decent boozer scene around there too, good variance too between proper pubs and swanky bars, couple of the cocktail bars are a ball ache to get served 

I can imagine - I'm guessing Alchemist and Botanist? 

Looks like a great place to work - I worked on Colmore Row between 1997-2000 but I guess I was too young to appreciate the area then. 

Primitivo was buzzing... I remember that place from yonks ago!

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah those 2!

The best of it is for me you can drink around there from pretty much anytime after midday, get the last train home and have had a great time, you dont need to be there at 2am waiting for it to get lively

I've always thought those places should have a dedicated cocktail bar separate from the main bar. No greater frustration than watching some trendy 'mixologist' painstakingly make 4 different cocktails for the Brum version of the sex and city women while all you want is a pint of bastard Moretti! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can imagine - I'm guessing Alchemist and Botanist? 

Looks like a great place to work - I worked on Colmore Row between 1997-2000 but I guess I was too young to appreciate the area then. 

Primitivo was buzzing... I remember that place from yonks ago!

I was briefly in Primitivo last night. Its been refurbished well. 

I work in the financial district. What it's missing is a couple more proper boozers. Swanky bars are well and good. They open, become popular, charge silly prices, the owners make a ton of money, something shinier and newer opens next door, they close.  Rinse and repeat. 

The proper boozers however have all been around for years and are packed to the gunnells still for a reason. Need more proper pubs. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've always thought those places should have a dedicated cocktail bar separate from the main bar. No greater frustration than watching some trendy 'mixologist' painstakingly make 4 different cocktails for the Brum version of the sex and city women while all you want is a pint of bastard Moretti! 

It drives me barmy. I remember waiting at Raphaels for a pint when the bar was flooded with luverly ladies all taking about 2.5 hours each to get their drinks mixed. 

If I'm out after work I generally have a small window and waiting at a bar wrecks it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â