Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Can't remember if I put it on here at the time but I was leaving footy a while back, was just about to pull out when this emo yoof walks directly in front of the car, completely oblivious as he had head phones in and head down. I let him walk right in front of the car and gave him a little toot on the horn.

It was his reaction that still has me giggling to this day.......the look on his face....... i recon he must have jumped a foot in the air.

I wonder if he realises just how much that still cheers me up even to this day.....thank you sir!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Thought I'd completely rinsed the bank account this month. Been buying a fair few luxurious items for myself, clothes for holiday etc...

Checked this morning and it's higher than I thought, much higher. Reason? Stopped absolutely caning it on the weekends.

Same. I live fairly frugally. I'm not tight I just don't spend anywhere near what I pick up. I'm not into fashion or fancy cars or expensive home furnishings. I don't go out that much anymore (i'm no hermit, but it gets tougher when your mates are all married with kids!). 

I guess its a great position to be in! 

I've had a really shit week at work, and the gf has gone to stay with family for a few days.

She suggested I have a **** bubble bath to relax, but **** that, because I'm a manly man. Before she left, she gave me a bottle of rum, some chocolate, and a bath bomb from lush. I've spent the last hour in a **** amazing bath with rum and coke, candles, and my kindle. Absolute bliss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Isle of Fire this evening, one of those events where you wander around meeting old friends and catching up for the first time since the last big communal event.

It's like the **** Wicker Man, but with access to good coffee.

36052612786_1866e59a2d.jpg

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've had a really shit week at work, and the gf has gone to stay with family for a few days.

She suggested I have a **** bubble bath to relax, but **** that, because I'm a manly man. Before she left, she gave me a bottle of rum, some chocolate, and a bath bomb from lush. I've spent the last hour in a **** amazing bath with rum and coke, candles, and my kindle. Absolute bliss.

Nowt wrong with that.

I do it myself every now and then. Stick a podcast on and soak for an hour. Lovely.

It'd honestly just never occurred to me. I've lived in this house for 2 years and tonight was the first time I've ever used the bath instead of the shower. I think it might become a regular treat!

Just now, Davkaus said:

It'd honestly just never occurred to me. I've lived in this house for 2 years and tonight was the first time I've ever used the bath instead of the shower. I think it might become a regular treat!

I have to have 1 or 2 a week as I find it helps my body after being at work.

On 21/07/2017 at 08:38, Rugeley Villa said:
On 21/07/2017 at 07:23, Seat68 said:

I had food poisoning last weekend and so didnt have a drink last night, feel human on a Friday morning for the first time in memory. Its great. 

Give it up completely. Honestly, it's no good for you.

You can't give up food completely, but I agree, you gotta limit that poisoning :thumb:

:trollface: 

EDIT : And then you see the joke being made further down the page :rant::rant:

• Like 2

alt-right skin wastage Paul Joseph Watson getting smashed on this stupid, stupid tweet

Although it pisses me off that his followers feelings trump facts in the replies.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Terse encounter with the Landlord's agent.

Despite being asked not to, someone in our building is still supplying left over sandwiches and biscuits from seminars to the tramp that lives in the car park.

Apparently we'll never be rid of him if we keep leaving food out!

I've just been down there, he's out at the moment,  but yes there's half a packet of biscuits next to his duvet and bike.

Â