Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

21 hours ago, rjw63 said:

yeah, she looks pretty fit from what I've seen, what she'd be doing anywhere near an unwashed pensioner I have no idea.

But like I said before his MO was stalking, and he was outside her flat in his car at 1am. People need to hear both sides.

Certainly does sound a bit dodgy. Hopefully the truth will out. 

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I just went to this new Mexican place down the street. Nice little room, tons of sunlight, and people watching, unpretentious menu, two TV's that both had the Gold Cup on with volume. Most bars in this area don't have TV's, and this Mexican guy loves his footy, so we connected on that level. He's also some sort of ambient music guy, really obscure soundscape stuff. So much better than the Hot94 garbage everywhere else. Great room, but the bartender looked like he stepped out of a mid nineties Eurotrash nightclub, fake tan, oversized power watch, cologne. Bit of a dandy. I'll be back to convince the owner to hire me.

That's a relief, I always wondered whether Earl Zinger ever did escape from Ibiza. :D

On 7/11/2017 at 20:47, maqroll said:

I just went to this new Mexican place down the street. Nice little room, tons of sunlight, and people watching, unpretentious menu, two TV's that both had the Gold Cup on with volume. Most bars in this area don't have TV's, and this Mexican guy loves his footy, so we connected on that level. He's also some sort of ambient music guy, really obscure soundscape stuff. So much better than the Hot94 garbage everywhere else. Great room, but the bartender looked like he stepped out of a mid nineties Eurotrash nightclub, fake tan, oversized power watch, cologne. Bit of a dandy. I'll be back to convince the owner to hire me.

Show him you know how to make a proper Margarita with no sweetened, pre-made mix and no blender and the job will be yours.  I bet the Eurotrash guy has never seen one that didn't look like a smoothie.

Mexican restaurants can always be counted on to show footy on the TV around here.  Whenever we go to one, my wife usually makes sure not to leave me a seat facing a screen if she can help it.:(   Otherwise, she knows she'll struggle for adult conversation...

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 13:41, mjmooney said:

Been a good day today. Elder daughter finally got a 'proper' job, and Mrs. M and I put down a new garden path, made with bricks recycled from our old barbecue. Very pleased with it. 

Looking good! My missus had me bring in about 2 tonnes of wood chips over the last few days as she's converting our vegetable beds into "no till, no dig" beds. In any case I am happy as it means less digging for me.

The idea is that everything is mulched deeply all year round, so there's no soil erosion or compacting, meaning that we'll never have to water or weed. You dig a trench down to the compost and then sow in the soil, as the seeds grow you fill around the plants with wood chips again. It's supposed to do wonders for your garden. She's got mushroom spawn coming in the day after tomorrow that she wants to inoculate the wood chips with, so she's hoping to get some Garden Giant edibles with the veg starting from around September with several flushes throughout the year. I've got a mixture of oak and pine in the chips - it smells lovely.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2017 at 13:41, mjmooney said:

Been a good day today. Elder daughter finally got a 'proper' job, and Mrs. M and I put down a new garden path, made with bricks recycled from our old barbecue. Very pleased with it. 

IMG_20170714_130507.jpg

Pete Seeger asks: where have all the flowers gone?

• Like 1

New England weather is incredibly diverse. Tonight, there's a massive fog bank floating in off the sea, lush as can be- the moisture captures the scent of blooming flowers. It's a tropical air mass, and I'm in heaven.

• Like 2

Going on a stag do to Portugal, my missus got me a copy of puzzler magazine for the plane

cheered me up no end, don't think my reaction cheered her up though...heart was in the right place it's just not that kind of weekend 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Going on a stag do to Portugal, my missus got me a copy of puzzler magazine for the plane

cheered me up no end, don't think my reaction cheered her up though...heart was in the right place it's just not that kind of weekend 

It's all fun and games until you are at 25,000 ft and decide to have a flick through puzzler and on page 27 a note fall out with "I'm leaving you!" written on it falls out.

Have a great flight and weekend. :D

Walked into the control at work ready for shift handover earlier, overheard the manager having a go at one of the car park attendants. Apparently he'd said congratulations to a woman whose response was "I'm not pregnant, I'm fat" needless to say she put a complaint in. I was still chuckling at him on the way home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thought I'd completely rinsed the bank account this month. Been buying a fair few luxurious items for myself, clothes for holiday etc...

Checked this morning and it's higher than I thought, much higher. Reason? Stopped absolutely caning it on the weekends.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I had food poisoning last weekend and so didnt have a drink last night, feel human on a Friday morning for the first time in memory. Its great. 

Give it up completely. Honestly, it's no good for you.

Â