Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It's cute and fluffy up until the moment it shits all over your house, sheds a ton of hair, chews the table leg, pukes it's dinner up, and pisses in your slippers.

• Like 2

Just seen an Otter in the River Severn.

Seen voles and kingfishers around here, but would love to see an otter in the wild.

Insert beaver joke here.

Firs time I've seen one around here, not that I go out of my way to look, I don't think they're that uncommon. I've seen a Kingfisher in Shrewsbury by the River and a Vole but that was a bit of a walk away from the water so not sure if that was a Dormouse or something.

It's cheered me up because you've reminded me of it.

When my niece was younger, she couldn't say my name so used to call me Otter" and apparently I'm saved on her phone as it even to this day.

I know, Otter sounds nothing like 8pints, that kid really couldn't speak properly.

• Like 2

My brilliant friends.  They're planning a week-long trip around Iceland.   I've kept on telling them that I can't afford it (I'm potless!) so now they're paying for me (spending money included if I need it).  They've done it before right after a long trip to the US back in 2005.  I got back, had a few pints and got told that I'm going to Poland and Slovakia (they knew I couldn't afford it).  Cue an awesome trip and me paying them back long after.  It's only happened again.   One mate in particular (with his gf) is paying for me and it just so happens that both their birthdays fall whilst in Iceland.  I've told them that as good friends that I can't owe lots of money over years but they're insisting on it.  Now seeing as their birthdays both fall when away, I need awesome gifts!

Having just got a message saying "Flights are booked! We're going to Iceland.  It'll be great!!!"

• Like 1

Â