Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

thats good lapal, when I did the dryathlon 2 years ago, it started ok, I may add I a quite a big drinker, thursday to sunday a couple of bottles of wine a night, I like alcohol, but yes it started ok but then a week or two in I really did pose the question what do non drinkers look forward to on a friday. By week three I was trying to talk my wife into turning a blind eye and let me have a bottle of wine, she wouldnt so I lasted out the month. Wouldnt do it again.

I don't mind not drinking.  I very, very rarely drink unless I go out to drink, then I just get merry after about 4-6 pints and go home :)

I'm the same nowadays, 4-6 years ago we'd be out every night of the week but no I'd be surprised if I go out once a month. Helps that the town I live in is absolutely brutal mind you. Nothing wrong with a few bottles/cans every now and then though.

I'm doing the Dryathlon this year due to a certain set of circumstances arising.

Basically, I lost one of my best (and most longtime) friends a couple of weeks before Christmas to the bastard that is Cancer. His wife mentioned on FB that the Dryathlon was coming up in January, and although I'd never heard of it before, I thought it would be a good idea to raise a bit of cash for the cause so to speak.

I know it's not a half marathon or whatever, but there you go that's my reason.

• Like 4

thats good lapal, when I did the dryathlon 2 years ago, it started ok, I may add I a quite a big drinker, thursday to sunday a couple of bottles of wine a night, I like alcohol, but yes it started ok but then a week or two in I really did pose the question what do non drinkers look forward to on a friday. By week three I was trying to talk my wife into turning a blind eye and let me have a bottle of wine, she wouldnt so I lasted out the month. Wouldnt do it again.

I'm not so bad these days, but I tried staying off the drink (just to see if I could) a few years back, and was fine when I was in the house, but going to the pub was horrendous. I remember being sat in the pub, with my mates on a Sunday afternoon, and wanting to kill all of them. I lasted two rounds drinking blackcurrant and water, then went straight on to snakebites! I don't mind not drinking these days though. I often go to gigs etc these days, and don't have a drink. I'm fine with it.

• Like 1

I'm not so bad these days, but I tried staying off the drink (just to see if I could) a few years back, and was fine when I was in the house, but going to the pub was horrendous. I remember being sat in the pub, with my mates on a Sunday afternoon, and wanting to kill all of them. I lasted two rounds drinking blackcurrant and water, then went straight on to snakebites! I don't mind not drinking these days though. I often go to gigs etc these days, and don't have a drink. I'm fine with it.

I dont drink at all monday to wednesday and sometimes on a sunday, and if we go to gigs and its a band I want to see I wont drink as I will be driving, I am not totally beholding to it, but and I hope I am not judged to harshly for this, a weekend without a drink, I see it as a weekend wasted.

It effects my reflexes when I play a videogame, and I'm addicted to video games and the only time I get to play them is when my wife is in bed, so I'd rather not drink and be able to have fun playing videogames then drink and be crap at them.  Pretty sad, huh?

Saying that, the thought of casually drinking beer just doesn't interest me, or wine and especially cider.. Whisky on the other hand, I could drink all day, if I could afford it :)

It effects my reflexes when I play a videogame, and I'm addicted to video games and the only time I get to play them is when my wife is in bed, so I'd rather not drink and be able to have fun playing videogames then drink and be crap at them.  Pretty sad, huh?

Saying that, the thought of casually drinking beer just doesn't interest me, or wine and especially cider.. Whisky on the other hand, I could drink all day, if I could afford it :)

Nah its not sad, I get that, everyone has their interests and obviously drinking would impair yours. I dont game really but I do understand.

• Like 1

I like to have a pint or a glass or two of wine when I watch a movie, and as I watch around 350 movies a year...well you can see the problem  :D

I never want to drink, if I'm watching a film, as I find it impairs my ability to concentrate on what's going on. Plus if it’s at the cinema, dAVe80 x alcohol + a dark room = sleep.

I used to love having a drink (7 nights a week) however since I hit 24 four years ago and had the little one I couldn't care less. Just drink at social occasions and gatherings round friends houses now. I do however like Lapal enjoy the odd Whisky. Maybe 1 every couple of weeks.

Â