Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Non-premier league football.

Brentford is just up the road from me and I've been a few times this season. Despite being in the Championship this season (and doing surprisingly well) it's still retained the friendly, family vibe. Standing on the terraces on a drizzly January afternoon - such a reminder of why football used to be so good (and still can be).

• Like 3

Non-premier league football.

Brentford is just up the road from me and I've been a few times this season. Despite being in the Championship this season (and doing surprisingly well) it's still retained the friendly, family vibe. Standing on the terraces on a drizzly January afternoon - such a reminder of why football used to be so good (and still can be).

Is the pub on each corner of the ground thing true?

I find it difficult to poke fun at soap watchers when I will happily sit up at 1:00am and watch:

2 blokes build a glass sided shed

an episode of Family Guy I've already seen twice

a fat bloke and a tall thin bloke rebuild an average car and sell it on at £150 profit

old people talking aboutRAF bombers they flew in the 1960's that weren't that good

but I digress, the point of my post:

I was in a cafe doing the cake and coffee thing earlier, a bloke asked an old lady (easily in her 80's) if she was ok as her head was slumped and she hadn't moved for a while. She apologised, she had been playing a game on her phone under the table.

Wheeler Dealers should be mandatory viewing for everyone. 'old owert yer 'anddd, you got yersself a deeeal'.

I love Wheeler Dealers and watch it religiously but the "profit" they make is ridiculous. The labour costs that go into repairing most of the cars far outweigh the money they make. 

Still watch it though. 

Have they ever had a car that's beaten them?

I know they've had cars where they've taken a loss rather than the usual £100 profit. But has there ever been an episode where they are sat cross legged under, say, 65% of a rusty Jensen Interceptor and announced, 'you now what, bin it'.

I know they've had cars where they've taken a loss rather than the usual £100 profit. But has there ever been an episode where they are sat cross legged under, say, 65% of a rusty Jensen Interceptor and announced, 'you now what, bin it'.

I've never seen one - I think they've had to change plans a couple of times but I assume the cars are pretty well vetted before the "deal" is filmed. 

Stuff like the Morgan where they replaced the chassis and re-built the car over 200+ hours must have cost a fortune. What's the going hourly rate for Labour at a non-dealer garage? £50p/h? 

I've never seen one - I think they've had to change plans a couple of times but I assume the cars are pretty well vetted before the "deal" is filmed. 

Stuff like the Morgan where they replaced the chassis and re-built the car over 200+ hours must have cost a fortune. What's the going hourly rate for Labour at a non-dealer garage? £50p/h?

The show has taught me that any problem I have with my car can be solved by changing the bushes and getting a can of red or satin black primer.

• Like 2

Ahh Jensen Interceptors! Had a chance to buy one in good nick about 12-13 years ago. Was £6k I think... decided to spend £4k on a classic BMW instead. A decent Interceptor is about £25k now  :(

Hearing Sly & The Family Stone playing, while walking around the supermarket.

December 23rd my local Morrisons had a Stranglers CD merrily playing away!

Dunno if Morrisons piped music is done locally, or from some central location, but I've noticed they've been playing some good stuff lately.

Â