Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Having done nothing for the past week apart from slump out of bed at a leisurely pace at 11am, do myself a full fry up, watch Only Fools and Horses and do a bit of DIY. I love having time off.

I have an american I met at uni to thank for convincing me that peanut butter and jam works. It's lovel.

(Incidentally, try cheddar cheese and jam sandwiches. Sounds horrendous, but they're amazing!)

So Rob has discovered the American staple of peanut butter and 'jelly'(sic).

When I was a child I always thought it weird that Americans spread jelly on their bread.

Only these days do I know that the bloody word means something else entirely in North America.

(Incidentally, try cheddar cheese and jam sandwiches. Sounds horrendous, but they're amazing!)

What flavour of jam? I'm a raspberry man myself. Though even then, it's probably a year since I've had the stuff.

What flavour of jam? I'm a raspberry man myself. Though even then, it's probably a year since I've had the stuff.

There's a number of surprisingly good cheese combos out there that you wouldnt necessarily expect to work.

Cheese and Sliced apple is unbelievable. The acidity of the apple does something amazing to the cheese.

Cheese and Chocolate is also a huge win.

So Rob has discovered the American staple of peanut butter and 'jelly'(sic).

When I was a child I always thought it weird that Americans spread jelly on their bread.

Only these days do I know that the bloody word means something else entirely in North America.

Same here. I always envisaged them making sandwiches with these:

jelly.jpg

Â